Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
Bharmari is a tonic for brain
Bharmari word has originated from Sanskrit word Bharmar which means humming bee. The name suggests in this method of Pranayama humming sound is created so is the name. The most conspicuous effect is that it relaxes the brain. If done regularly it can have positive effect on stress, fatigue and high blood pressure.
It is a known fact that vibration of thinking of a human body can be controlled. By these vibrations the cerebral cortex sends impulses directly to the hypothalamus, which controls the 'Pituitary' gland, the master of all glands. The resonance of the brain's metaphysical thinking is taken out and this enhances capacity of brain.
How to do Bharmari
Sit in a suitable relaxed posture and cover your ears by pressing tragus with the help of thumbs. Place your index fingers on the forehead. From the remaining fingers close your eyes. Take breath from both nostrils. Start exhaling while making bee like humming sound. Keep reciting "OHM" in the mind Imagine that divine bliss is descending on you, that deep divine wisdom fills your entire being.
The left or right nostril is used simultaneously. Let us understand the process systematically
- Pooraka: First do Rechaka and then do Pooraka. The sound that you create will seem hoarse but with gradual practice it becomes like humming bee after some time. Its pitch should be lower than Rechaka. This is called Bhramar Dhwani then Kumbhaka is performed.
- Kumbhaka: When the Pooraka is completed, both the nostrils are closed with pranavmudra. In this situation all the three band has are fixed and Kumbhaka is performed. There is no sound in Kumbhaka.
- Rechaka: The Rechaka generate sound as in Pooraka. And its pitch is more in volume than that in Pooraka. This is known as hraamari Naad.
Practice this 11 to 21 times daily. But do not overload and take a break when required. This can be practiced anytime but if you feel stressed or fatigued this will help you.
Scientific aspect of Bharmari Pranayama
Benefits of Bharmari Pranayama
- The mind becomes calm and peaceful. It is beneficial in mental tension, agitation, high blood pressure, heart disease etc.
- If Bhramari practiced regularly during pregnancy it facilitates easy and trouble-free childbirth.
- The mind concentration enhances..
- Helps in paralysis.
- Due to humming sound concentration of the mind is also facilitated. It has a positive effect on whole mind and body and particularly on nervous system.
- राशिफल 2016
- Horoscope 2016
- Chinese Horoscope 2016
- Rashi Bhavishya 2016 in Gujarati
- Marathi Horoscope 2016
- Malayalam Jathakam 2016
- Kannada Jathaka 2016 - Kannada Horoscope 2016
- Rasi Phalalu 2016 - Telugu Horoscope 2016
- Tamil Horoscope 2016
- Free Download 2016 Wallpapers
- Lal Kitab Horoscope 2016
- Bhojpuri Rashifal 2016
- Bengali Horoscope 2016
- Wallpapers 2016
- Guru Purnima 2016
- Nag Panchami 2016
- Raksha Bandhan 2016
- Akshaya Tritiya 2016
- Hanuman Jayanti 2016
- Ram Navami 2016
- Chaitra Navratri 2016
- Gudi Padwa 2016
- Ugadi 2016
- Mahashivratri 2016
- Holika Dahan 2016
- Holi 2016
- Basant Panchmi 2016
- Saraswati Puja 2016
- Makar Sankranti 2017
- Valentine's Day
- Poornima Celebrations