Nakshatra: Know Names Of 27 Nakshatras & Astrology Characteristics
A Nakshatra is considered very important in Vedic Astrology. Unlike zodiac signs, Nakshatras can be found mentioned in ancient texts like Vedas. Let’s have a look at each Nakshatra and what do these Nakshatras tell about your characteristics, personality, traits, inclination and other dimensions of life as per astrology:
What is a Nakshatra?
‘Nakshatra’ is a term used for lunar mansion in Vedic astrology. They are called lunar mansions because moon resides in each of the nakshatra for approximately one day. Each lunar mansion of 13°20’ length is subdivided into four quarters of 3°20’ called padas. As per Hindu Mythology, a nakshatra is one of 27 houses along the ecliptic. The nakshatra or lunar constellations are connected to the natal signs of the moon. Moon takes 28 days to move through 28 signs of the zodiac and changes its signs or houses after every 2.3 days. The moon is the lord of all nakshatra and sun is the lord of all the astrological signs. The lord of each nakshatra governs the planetary position and hence, responsible for forecasting the course of an individual.
Importance of Nakshatras
Nakshatra is responsible to give an analysis of one's thinking power, insights, characteristics and even helps to calculate your dasha period ( birth chart ). People use the concept of Nakshatra for astrological analysis and accurate predictions. Nakshatra is based on a list of 27 asterisms and each nakshatra has a powerful deity that places within it. Each nakshatra has its own shakti and power and is governed as ‘lord’ by one of the nine planets following the same order: South lunar node, Venus, Sun, Moon, Mars, North lunar node, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mercury. The sequence repeats itself three times to cover all 27 nakshatras.
Difference between Nakshatra and Zodiac Sign
If you divide the sky into 12 equal parts, each part is termed as zodiac sign but, if you divide the sky into 27 equal parts, then each part is termed as nakshatra. As we all know that sky, like any circular body is of 360°. If we divide 360° with 12 then, a zodiac sign comes out as 30°. Similarly, for nakshatras, if we divide 360° with 27 then, a nakshatra comes out as 13.33° (approximately). So, there are 27 nakshatras and 12 zodiac signs, namely Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. Hence, nakshatra being a smaller part and zodiac sign being a bigger part, 2.25 (approx) nakshatra comes in a zodiac sign.
What you Need to Know about Nakshatra Astrology ?
- Nakshatra as per Your Personality
If you are a strong believer in Vedic astrology, you must know the importance of planetary motion throughout your life. Right from the birth of an individual to finally death of a being, birth stars and nakshatra names are everything that you need to keep an account in order to neutralize the zonal strength of a planet.
- Birth Chart as per Nakshatra
Used as a practice for a long time, Nakshatra and planetary movements are calculated during the birth of a newborn and hence, gives a calculative analysis of an individual’s birth chart.
- Formation of 27 Nakshatra
From giving you positions of sun and moon to finally responsible for giving you an account of birth time, the Nakshatra in which the moon is positioned is considered as your Birth Star or Nakshatra.
AstroSage Helps you Find your Nakshatra
Being used as celestial markers, the older tradition of Nakshatra is based on the sectors of 28 asterisms. From giving planetary positions to finally help you in finding your birth star, the Nakshatra Calculator is everything you need to get a calculative analysis of koota-guna matching. Nakshatra centric matching is important in helping you find a connection between the gunas and the lordships. With Vedic astrology giving more importance to relationship compatibility, the Kundli matchmaking is one of the important aspects that one needs to consider before marriage. Apart from giving much insistence on the point of ascendance, sun sign, rasi or the moon sign; Nakshatra Finder is one of an important element that helps you find your birth star. There are 28 Nakshatras but only 27 Nakshatras are considered for calculation. So, using the Nakshatra Finder and Nakshatra Calculator, you can find nakshatra names and other astrological details.
Features of Nakshatra Calculator
- Find your Moon Sign or Rashi
- Find your Birth Star or Janma Nakshatra
- Find your Zodiac Sign
- Find your Birthstone
- Find your Chinese year of birth and the ruling animal
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल