Astrology of India
Evolution and historical account of Indian Astrology
The history of Indian astrology is very old and it is indeed oldest form of astrology among other forms of astrology such as Chinese astrology and western astrology. The Indian ancient astrology had evolved 5000 BC. They are as old as Vedas which has six supplements and Jyotish Vedanga is one of the six Vedanga. It is also known as Vedic astronomy and astrology on which the Indian ancient astrology is based is one of these. Ancient sages like Vashistha, Bhrgu, and Garga made many predictions that came true. At the onset of Kali Yug Parasara wrote the astrology text called Brhad Parasara Hora Sastra. He passed this knowledge to Maitreya and since then it has travelled a long distance.
Indian astrology is believed to be highly authentic and its predictions are considered to be most accurate. Since it is based on the actual constellations of stars this is the most widely used system of astrology across the world. Sun as the basic of life in Indian astrology. It is source of energy and spirituality. Indian astrology helps in removing many kind of doshas because of bad karmas. Vedic Indian astrology truly helps in meeting soul to its final destination that is God.
There is also here and there evidence that suggests astrology is extremely old subject. However, controversy attends the question of whether they were genuinely recorded at the time or merely ascribed to ancient rulers by posterity. The documented history of Jyotish is associated with the interaction of Indian and Hellenistic cultures in the Indo-Greek period Yavanajataka or the Brihat-Samhita are oldest surviving treatise. As a matter of fact Indian astronomy and astrology developed together. Aryabhatta and Varahmihir were scientists and astrologers at the same time. In addition to the the theories of Aryabhata in the Aryabhatiya- Pancha-Siddhāntika of Varahamihir is also popular.
Development of Astrology in other eras
Parashar contributed largely in the development of astrology and a major part of Vedic astrology is largely based on Parashar astrology. That Parashar era is believed to be from 3000 BC to 57 BC. The grand epic epic "Brihat Parashar Hora" was written by sage Parashar is the most famous book among astrologers of all times. This book has 100 chapters of astrology which deals greatly auspicious and inauspicious impact of planets on the various aspects of human life.
Apart from Parashar Shastra, "Aryabhattiya" is one of the famous books written in the same period. Sun and all the nakshatras are stationary. It says that day and night are formed by the rotation of the earth on its axis. During this period there was another astrologer called Aryabhatta. Arayabhatt wrote a book called "Mahabhattiya" which is a form of mathematical astrology. The book described the constant movement of planets in solar system in detail.
Branches of Vedic astrology
Gola -It deals with positional astronomy
Ganita -It deals with mathematical diagnostic tools for analyzing the results of Gola
Jataka -It deals natal astrology
Prasna -It answers specific questions based upon the time the question is asked
Muhurta -It helps in selecting an auspicious time to start something
Nimitta -It describes omens and portents.
Vedic astrology also spread to various parts of world. It went to Persians and from the Persians to the Babylonians and from them to the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians and some other parts of world and with the advent of Islam Arabs learned astrology from Greek astrologers on one and Vedic astrologers.
Difference between Indian and Chinese astrology
Indian Astrology also differs considerably from the Chinese astrology. The Chinese system believes that the year of birth indicates a certain phase or aspect of a sixty year circle of time. While Indian Astrology believes that actual traits of an individual, marital compatibility and the future, based on the position of planets at the time and place of birth. It is considered to be highly authentic and its predictions are believed to be the extremely accurate.
An individual’s karma or fortune is determined by a pre-arranged cosmic design. It believes that a person’s life is a reflection of the greater whole into which he /she is born. There is greater emphasis on the Moon than on the Sun. The moon symbolizes mind and sun is the source of energy. Vedic Astrologer can accurately analyze a person’s relations with others.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल