Diwali 2018, 2019, 2020 Dates, Auspicious Muhurat
Diwali is celebrated with excitement and joy throughout India. It is observed every year during the Amavasya of Kartik month, which is considered to be the most auspicious time of the Hindu year. This year, Diwali will be observed on November 07, 2018 across the nation. Although, in Southern India, Tamil Diwali is observed a day ago popularly.
According to Gregorian calendar, major Hindu festivals fall in the month of October or November. The dates of Hindu festivals are calculated using a lunar calendar. It becomes difficult for commoners to plan accordingly without understanding the exact date of celebration. We are here to help, so you know when is Diwali in coming years.
|1.||2018||November 07, 2018||Wednesday|
|2.||2019||October 27, 2019||Sunday|
|3.||2020||November 14, 2020||Saturday|
Diwali : Enchanted 5 days of celebration
The celebrations of Diwali generally lasts five days. The main celebrations are on the third day but each day has its own significance.
- First day - Dhanteras
- Second day - Narak Chaturdashi
- Third day - Diwali
- Fourth day - Goverdhan
- Fifth day - Bhai dooj
Dhan means wealth and teras means thirteenth tithi in lunar calendar. The day is devoted to attain prosperity. To welcome Goddess Lakshmi, people purchase precious metals such as Gold, SIlver or utensils made of Stainless Steel or Brass. Ayurvedic doctors honor Lord Dhanvantari for blessing the mankind with the knowledge of Ayurveda.
Demon Narakasura was beheaded with Sudarshan Chakra by Lord Krishna on this day. As per mythology, the mother of the demon Satyabhama had blessed him with a boon that his death will be celebrated with colorful lights.
The darkest night of the month comes only to be lit up by beautiful lights. People make rangoli to welcome Maa Lakshmi. Though she is the wife of Lord Vishnu, on Diwali Maa lakshmi is worshipped with Lord Ganesha. In the evening, special puja is performed. People light lamps to eliminate the darkness and distribute sweets. In Kolkata, Kali Puja is another aspect of Diwali celebration.
Lord Krishna, to make Lord Indra understand that ego does not suit a dev, lifted the entire mountain named Goverdhan on his little finger. From the very day, it is celebrated with great festive spirit. In Gujarat, this marks the beginning of a new year while in Southern states, it is believed that demon king Bali was killed on this day.
The sacred bond of sister and brother is celebrated on Bhai Dooj. It is believed that Lord Yama, the God of Death, paid a visit to his sister Yamuna, who greeted him with a teeka and sweets. Unable to bear the burden of coming to his sister's house empty-handed, he offered her a boon. According to the boon, those who celebrate Bhai Dooj with their sisters will not be doomed to hell.
|Diwali Festival||Diwali 2018 Dates||Muhurat|
|Dhantrayodashi, Dhanvantari Trayodashi, Yama Deepam, Dhanteras 2018||November 05, 2018||18:07:35 to 20:03:25|
|Choti Diwali, Kali Chaudas, Hanuman Puja, Tamil Deepawali, Narak Chaturdashi 2018||November 06, 2018||04:59:00 to 06:36:23|
|Badi Diwali, Deepawali puja, Lakshmi Pujan, Kali puja, Diwali Snan, Kedar Gauri Vrat 2018||November 07, 2018||17:59:42 to 19:55:31|
|Govardhan Puja, Annakut, Bali Pratipada, Dyut krida, Gujrati New year 2018||November 08, 2018||
06:37:54 to 08:48:38
|Bhai Duj. Bhau Beej, Yama Dwitiya 2018||November 09, 2018||13:10:02 to 15:20:30|
Note: The time given is for New Delhi.
Why Maa Lakshmi & Lord Ganesha worshipped on Diwali?
The festival of Diwali is celebrated in the honor of Lord Rama who returned to Ayodhya after killing Ravana and spending 14 years of their life in the jungle. There are other stories of demons being killed in this phase and where after annihilating the negative, positive flourishes. It means the coming phase will be full of prosperity and happiness. Goddess Lakshmi symbolizes luxury, wealth and prosperity. Thus, she is worshipped during Diwali. Also, Lord Vishnu is in deep sleep neendra at this time.
Lord Ganesha is known as the son of Maa Parvati. It is believed that since Maa Lakshmi did not have an offspring, she adopted Ganesha. She declared that whosoever worships her with Lord Ganesha will gain her blessings. As a child, Lord Ganesha owns what his mother Maa Lakshmi has, be it prosperity or wealth. Also Lord Ganesha is renowned for his intelligence. Wealth without intelligence won't be lasting, thus worshipping both together is a custom.
More information about Diwali
Find out more interesting facts about Diwali. Know how to gain the blessings of Maa Lakshmi so your house is full of prosperity and wealth in the coming year. Keep checking our featured articles for updates and precisely calculated muhurats.
AstroSage wishes you a Happy Diwali!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!