Vijaya Ekadashi 2017: The Day To Win Over Evil Powers
Vijaya Ekadashi 2017 Date
Vijaya Ekadashi will be observed on 22 February 2017. This day is celebrated by observing fast and worshipping Lord Vishnu. It is believed that fasting on this day is very fruitful. According to the Hindu Calendar, this day is marked twice in a month, one is in Krishna Paksha and the other is in Shukla Paksha. Read on to know more...
Vijaya Ekadashi is one of the most important Ekadashi among all, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. According to the Hindu calendar, Vijaya Ekadashi falls on the 11th day of the Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in the month of Phalgun, i.e. during the months of February-March.
The day of Vijaya Ekadashi is considered highly auspicious, as it is believed that by observing fast on this special day of Vijaya Ekadashi, will lead to victory over all the evil powers.Let's read about the significance of Vijaya Ekadashi before observing Vrat.
Vijaya Ekadashi : Significance Of The Day
Vijaya Ekadashi holds a great significance in itself. The day of VIjaya Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This Ekadashi gives highly auspicious results to the one who observes fast on this special day.
It is believed that if someone observes the Vijaya Ekadashi Vrat with full faith and devotion, he/she will be able to remove all the sins of his past life. All the previous life sins generated from any inauspicious deeds, will get vanished by observing the fast on Vijaya Ekadashi. Hence, observe the Vijaya Ekadashi fast and be the one to get rid of the sins done in past.
This fast of Vijaya Ekadashi is also important because it is said that observing fast of Vijaya Ekadashi, leads to winning over all the evil powers of heart and mind. Special powers are granted by Lord Vishnu, to those, who observe the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi.
Worship Lord Vishnu and observe the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi to get maximum benefits and be blessed by Lord Vishnu.
Legend Of Vijaya Ekadashi
The legend of Vijaya Ekadashi is related to Lord Rama. It is said that Lord Rama observed the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi, when he was heading toward Lanka with his entire army to rescue his wife, Sita.
As per the legend of Vijaya Ekadashi, when Lord Rama reached to Samudra (sea), he was unaware of the route ahead. Hence, Lord Rama requested the lord of sea to show the correct path to Lanka, but the Sea Lord didn't reply.
Then, both, Lord Rama and Lakshmana, (Lord Rama's younger brother) visited a saint, Balada Bhaya. Saint Balada Bhaya advised Lord Rama to observe the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi. He told them that the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi will help them in succeeding any obstacle, throughout their way. The saint also mentioned that the Vijaya Ekadashi fast will also help them in winning over the evil powers of Ravana.
Lord Rama observed the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi and successfully rescued his wife Sita, from the clutches of Ravana.
Vijaya Ekadashi : Observance Of The Fast
Here are some points that one should keep in mind while observing the Vijaya Ekadashi Vrat:
- Meal should be taken once in a day and that too purely Satvik Bhojan (food for fast).
- The meal should include fruits, dry fruits, milk, and other milk products.
- Intake of cereals and grains is strictly prohibited.
- Perform the Puja rituals dedicated to Lord Vishnu, twice a day i.e. in the morning and in the evening.
Remember these points in mind and perform the Puja of Vijaya Ekadashi with dedication and devotion. Lord Vishnu will provide you with the power to observe the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi in 2017, successfully. Hopefully, this information will help you gaining all that you wish on this Vijaya Ekadashi.
AstroSage wishes you a blessed Vijaya Ekadashi.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल