Meditation: Art of achieving peace of Mind
What is Meditation?
Meditation is not merely an art but it is a technique of attending peace of mind by concentrating on our self internally. Discovering the meaning of Meditation is similar to discovering our inner energy and potential. Meditation can also be referred as a gateway through which we reach in the world of freedom. There are several techniques and methods which help us in our internal development, but Meditation is very peculiar in the sense that it aims towards attending freedom of our inner self through the process of enlightenment.
Meditation could also be defined as the art of recognizing what you are beyond your mind and your body. Beyond thinking, there is a sense that you exist. Not existing as a name or person, but as the simple experience of being without definition or description. Hence Meditation helps us to discover our inner potential and our sense of spirituality. And this art of discovering our inner self is experienced as unconditional peace, bliss and love. It means that when we are immersed in our natural state of being, bliss is naturally there, radiating love and peace on its own accord, in the same way the nature of the sun is to shine.
Meditation: Its different types
Meditation has many benefits for our mind, body and soul. Using Meditation informally throughout the day will help you in attending rest of mind and the trials of life can be navigated in a subtle manner. Meditation helps us in opening our conscious mind to our subconscious mind. Some people believe that the practice of Meditation allows them to feel strongly connected to the world around them but others experienced it as an art of attending transcendence and clarity of the mind.
Meditation is done in many forms across the world, and we have discussed the six most important ways of performing this majestic art, which are mentioned as follows:
- Breathe Awareness: Breathe Awareness is one of the easiest form of Meditation, yet it is extremely profound. In this form, we have to relax in a comfortable position (either seat upward or lying down) with our eyes either opened or closed and just gently become aware of our breathing, without trying to change it. We can practice this throughout the day, for example while work also. It can really help us to bring back into the present moment, leaving our feeling more calm and focused.
- Mantra Meditation: Mantra meditation is very popular form and it is practiced by simply repeating a word, phrase or sound, either silently or aloud in our mind. This simple but constant repetition of the sound will allow the other parts of your mind to gradually settle down, until eventually you become extremely relaxed, both physically and mentally.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness Meditation is also a very popular method of meditation which involves becoming deeply aware of what actually is in the present moment. This can be anything. For example, if you have your eyes open you could become totally be aware of your immediate surroundings, plus any sounds too. If you have your eyes closed, you could become aware of aspects of your body, such as your breathing, your posture, feeling of relaxation, plus even being aware of any thoughts that may naturally arise.
- Walking Meditation: Walking Meditation is also very famous form of meditation which we can perform while walking. We simply become aware of the process of walking. In fact, we can practice this with any process, such as making a cup of tea or doing the washing up.
- An empty mind Meditation: This is a very simple type of meditation which involves sitting still, often in a "full lotus" or cross-legged position, and let our mind go silent on its own. It can be difficult, particularly since any effort seems to just cause more business in the mind.
- Meditating on a concept: This simple form of meditation includes some meditative practices involve contemplation of an idea or scenario. An example is the "meditation on impermanence," in which you focus on the impermanent nature of all things, starting with your thoughts and feelings as they come and go. In the Buddhist "meditation on the corpse," you think about a body in the ground, as it slowly rots away and is fed on by worms.
Meditation: Discover its Significances:Spirituality and materialism coexist. It is the mind and attitude which decide which attracts more, and to what extent. Meditation thus helps in establishing a deep connection with the people around us with the sense of spirituality. Tapping in to the collective unconscious and discovering our inner self are part of meditation. It does not matter, what we look like, how rich or poor we are, where we live or what our core beliefs are, but the truth lies in the fact that we all are connected. Meditation brings about a collective experience as it brings us closer to those whom we think are outrageously different from us.
Stress is a word which we commonly hear in today's society. It seems that almost everyone is stressed. In our anxiety driven world, we often expect the worst and hence, we limit our potential to perform any task. Meditation can help us to confront our fears in a positive manner so that we can send rays of positive energy in this world. It is obvious that we will not fix all the world's issues with meditation, yet positive thinking can bring about positive change in our society. Even if the change seems small and insignificant, it probably has a ripple effect throughout the collective unconscious. Meditation gives us strength of mind, calm serenity and relaxing moments. With the help of this majestic art, we can face challenges head on, such as illness, loss of a job, death in the family or even environmental disasters such as war or violent acts of nature with a different lightness. Meditation can distract us from the negative and uplift us towards the positive in life.
Meditation: Discover some renowned books
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life: This is a very popular book of Meditation which is written by a very profound literate Victor N. Davich. This meditation book is about digging out your unconscious conditioning and realizing stable happiness and freedom.
- New Spiritual Answers to Life's Big Questions: An Introduction to New Spirituality: This is also a very renowned book on meditation written by Marianne Stein. This book will bring about a stable and lasting revolution in your life. You will never be the same person again. You will come to realize a state of being in which you will remain peaceful and happy whatever the situation is.
- Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom: This is a very famous book on Meditation written by Joseph Goldstein. This meditation book takes up the possible obstacles in meditative life and gives their solutions.
- THE SEVEN STEPS TO AWAKENING: This book is one of the most profound books on meditation written by Ramana Maharshi which has been mentioned by its author as the most powerful collection of quotes about how to awaken in this life time.