Chandra Grahan in 2012
What is Chandra Grahan?
When the moon comes in between the Sun and Earth and the shadow of the Earth is cast on the moon, making it totally invisible (known as Total Lunar Eclipse or Purna Chandra Grahan in Hindi) or partially invisible (known as Partial Lunar Eclipse or Aanshik Chandra Grahan).
Chandra Grahan is also known as Ketugrasta Grahan in Hinduism, Ketu being one of the nine planets in Vedic Astrology. There is an interesting legend associated with Chandra Grahan , related to Samudra Manthan .Like Every year this year too we have for you all that you wanted to know about Chandra Grahan 2012.
Chandra Grahan 2012 Date and Time
The first Chandra Grahan 2012 will occur in Vrischika Rasi on Jyeshta Purnima. It will be visible in Europe, East Africa, Australia, Pacific and America. This will be a Partial Lunar Eclipse (or Aanshik Chandra Grahan 2012) . It will be completely visible in Australia, rising over Eastern Asia and setting over Western North America.This Chandra Grahan will be visible in coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh, Kerala , Tamil Nadu and some more parts of India.
Duration of the Chandra Grahan:
- Partial Eclipse: 2: 06:35 hrs
- Penumbral Eclipse: 4:30:02 hrs
- The second Chandra Grahan 2012 will take place on 28, November in Vrishabha Rasi in Kartika Month. It will be visible in Europe, East Africa, Australia and the Pacific. In India this Grahan will not be visible or rather we can say will be visible as "Pracchaya Chandra Grahan"
Duration of Lunar Eclipse: 4:35:59 hrs
What to do or not do during Chandra Grahan
Chandra Grahan is considered inauspicious and has many age old myths attached to it. Most of which refers to Chandra Grahan being an unlucky time to start anything new. The malefic effect of grahan is said to cast negative influence on individuals and activities performed during Chandra Grahan. Here is a list of things in particular that one should do or not do during Chandra Grahan 2012:
- Avoid eating the food which is cooked before Grahan. Only eat food cooked after Grahan. People can eat the food that is prevented from 'Soodak' . To prevent food from Soodak, just spill some til seeds or keep grass blades (Durva grass) on the food before grahan.
- Grahan and eat what is cooked after Grahan. Many also fast the whole day of Chandra Grahan.
- Perform Jaap, puja and religious recitation of mantra during Chandra Grahan
- Many also take a holy dip or bath after Chandra Grahan.
Temples Closed during Chandra Grahan
Legend has it that periodically Rahu indulges in a war with Surya and Chandra. During Chandra Grahan Rahu gulps the moon, casting its evil effect on Earth and its beings. Since Rahu is a malefic planet in Indian Astrology, to ward off its evil effect temples remain closed during Chandra Grahan.
Grahan Dosh Effects
The effect of Chandra Grahan 2012 will vary from person to person. However the birth chart of certain individuals is afflicted with, Chandra Grahan Dosh. Listed below is a combination of planets in birth chart responsible for Chandra Grahan Dosh :
Purna Chandra Grahan Dosh-When the Planet Moon and Ketu are placed together in the same house or they are aspecting each other.
Partial Chandra Grahan Dosh- When the Planet Moon and Rahu are present together in the same house or they are aspecting each other .
Effect of Chandra Grahan on different Rashi's
Chandra Grahan is said to cast a malefic effect on planet Earth and individuals. However the nature of influence differs from Rashi to Rashi. Predictions talking about the influence of Chandra Grahan 2012 on different Rashi's , range between bad , very bad and disastrous . Detailed predictions about the effect of Chandra Grahan 2012 and remedies to ward off the evil effect will be published soon for all our visitors.
Mantras to chant during Chandra Grahan 2012
- Chant mantras dedicated to Lord Vishnu or Shiva like the Ashtakshara Mantra or Mrityunjaya Mantra. Pregnant women chant the Santana Gopala Mantra.
- Chant the following mantra will reduce the ill-effects.
- राशिफल 2016
- Horoscope 2016
- Chinese Horoscope 2016
- Rashi Bhavishya 2016 in Gujarati
- Marathi Horoscope 2016
- Malayalam Jathakam 2016
- Kannada Jathaka 2016 - Kannada Horoscope 2016
- Rasi Phalalu 2016 - Telugu Horoscope 2016
- Tamil Horoscope 2016
- Free Download 2016 Wallpapers
- Lal Kitab Horoscope 2016
- Bhojpuri Rashifal 2016
- Bengali Horoscope 2016
- Wallpapers 2016