Chhat Songs for Chhat Puja
Chhat Puja songs
The festival of chhat Puja is dedicated to the lord sun. Chhat Puja is celebrated with immense devotion and joy in the various parts of India, especially Bihar. Chhat Pooja is performed on the day of Kartik Shukla shasti i.e. the 6th day of the month of Kartik in the Hindu calendar. It is an ancient Hindu festival and the only festival that is dedicated to the sun. It is celebrated exactly 6 days after the festival of Diwali. It is the festival in which devotees pay salutations to the rising as well as setting sun and to praise him various chhat songs or geet are sung. For a day and night people stay at the banks of the river or any other water source nearby where rituals are performed and offerings are made to the sun.
The venue of this festival is the bank of the river. The Puja is considered as a means to thank the sun for showering life on earth. Sun the force of life that helps in sustaining life on earth, promote well-being prosperity and well being. The rituals of this festival are observed for over a period of four days. The rituals include holy bathing, fasting and not drinking water for the whole day, standing in water for long period of time and offering Prasad and “argh” to the rising and setting sun and singing chhat songs in order to revere the solar deity.
Chhath songs or geet are very popular and sung during Chhat Puja. Chhat is the festival of Bihar and even the chhat songs are mostly in Bhojpuri. The tradition is to sing Chhat songs in Bhojpuri. The chhath songs are very close to the hearts of people who celebrate chhath puja and they sings these songs with full devotion and joy.
Here are few chhath geet that you would surely like:
patana ke ghat par delu aragawa kekara
kartik men aihu paradesi balam ghar
falawa se bharal dauriya usape piyari
naihare men karabo parab ham
sanjh bhaeel sooraj dubihe chal
aaho dinanath darasan dijiye
bajhin par baith baghin ban chhath
chaiti ke chhathawa to halka bujhala
roje-roje ugela fajirahi aadhi
Here is another chhath song that is very popular and sung on chhat puja by women.
chhathi maiya aahi jaiyo mor angana
chhathi maiya ke mahima chhe bhari
chhathi maee ke daura rakhe re babuaa
chari o ghat ke talaiya jalawa umarat
kakhano rawi ban ke kakhano aadit
daliiwa kabool karaa gagan bihari
bhooool maf kariyaa he chhathi maiya
kahawan tohar nahira ge dhobin kahawan
kahawan-kahawan ke surajadham chhai nami
dohari kal supane sawita arag debe
kahe lage sewen tulasi-kharana git
A very popular song for chhat puja:
he chhathi maiya
bahut mehanat kar
baग़ ke mali aur malin ne
apane bagiya ke paudhon ki
ki thi rakhawali .........
lambe intajar ke bad ....
usaki bagiya men kaliyan ..
khilakhilaee thi .....par ....
pata nahin kaise,.......
widhansi toofan ki nazar ...
malin ke khushiyon par
pad gaee ...
aur ....malin usake
jhanjhawaton men ulajh gaee ....
he chhathi maiya ....apani ..
drdh pratijny bhaktan se jakar kaho ......
baग़ ke sare sadasy bechain hai usake bina ...
tum jiwan shakti banakar baho ....
sabhi natamastak hain
usaki jid ke aage
bahut der ho gaee .....
meri didi ko kah do ...
kab se subah ho gaee ...
ab to tum jago ....
he chhathi maiya .....
agali chhath men
main bhi tere pas aaungi ......
meri didi ko jaga do ...
tumhe shraddha ke argh chadaoongi
tumhari shakti se sanwarate hain ...
bhakton ke bigade kaj ....
winati hai ...chhathi maiya ..
suno arj hamari aaja,....
suno arj hamari aaj .....
These chhat songs are very popular and are widely sung during chhat puja. The chhath songs are just like a prayer to the chhath “maiyya” and the Sun. People request the deity to grant certain wishes and fulfill all their wishes through these beautiful songs. The songs are very powerful and when sung with devotion, they are said to fulfill the wishes and desires of the people. Musical instruments are played along with the songs that make them even more beautiful. Chhat songs are very popular among the people who celebrate chhat puja with immense devotion. The festival of chhat pooja is considered to be incomplete if the chhat geets are not sung.
These chhath songs are really beautiful and famous. You can sings these songs to make your prayer reach the deity and request them to fulfill your wishes. A very happy and prosperous chhat puja to all!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल