Narak Chaturdashi 2017 - The Second Day of Diwali Celebration
Narak Chaudas 2017 date is 18th of October. Narak Chaturdashi, the second day of Diwali festival falls on the fourteenth day of the dark fortnight of Kartik month. It is also called as 'Kali Chaudas' or 'Chhoti Diwali'. The day is celebrated to commemorate Lord Krishna for his victory over 'Narakasura'. It is the day to abolish laziness and eradicate evils from our lives and let the light of good shine on humans.
THE LEGEND OF NARAK CHATURDASHI
The legend of Narakasur is important in history as he established a vast kingdom in Assam after overthrowing the last Danava king 'Narakasura'. It was foretold that he would be killed by another incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Narakasur became evil in the company of another Asura, Banasura. He was doped in power as he knew that there is no match to him on earth. He got all the kingdoms of earth under his control. Next, he placed his eyes on 'Swargaloka'. Even lord Indra could not withstand his assault and left the heaven. Then Narakasur became the Lord of Heaven as well as Earth. He was badly addicted to his power and in that state, he stole the earrings of Aditi, the mother of Gods. He also took some of her territory and kidnapped 16000 women.
All the Devas then went to Lord Vishnu and asked him for his help. Lord Vishnu promised the Gods by saying that he would deal with Narakasur after being incarnated as Lord Krishna.
Lord Vishnu was then born as Ladoo Gopal. Aditi, who was said to be the relative of Satyabhama, wife of Krishna, approached Satyabhama for help. When Satyabhama heard about the ill treatment with women and his behavior with Aditi, she became furious. She went to Lord Krishna to seek permission for a war against Narakasur. Lord Krishna, along with his wife, attacked the fortress of Narakasur. The battle was fierce. Narakasur tried many of his devilish powers on Lord Krishna but failed badly. Narakasur last tried his trident on Lord Krishna. He was then beheaded by Lord Krishna by his Sudarshan Chakra. Before dying, Narakasur requested that his death anniversary to be celebrated by humans on Earth every year. Thus, this day is celebrated as Narak Chaturdashi - the second day of Diwali.
It is said that Narakasura gained boon from Lord Brahma that he would die with the hands of his mother. When the war was on, Lord Krishna and Satyabhama fought with Narakasur bravely. But she was not a match to Narakasura trained skills. After few days, when Narakasur got a chance, he aimed at Lord Krishna and hurt him lightly that caused Lord Krishna to faint. Satyabhama became furious when she saw her husband being hurt. Then she doubled her attack on Narakasura and finally killed him. Before his final breath, Narakasur requested his mother, Satyabhama, as she was the partial incarnation of his real mother Bhudevi, that his death to be celebrated with colorful lights. Thus, this day is celebrated as Narak Chaturdashi or Chhoti Diwali.
The victory of Lord Krishna and Satyabhama over Narakasura brought freedom to his prisoners and honoring of Aditi. All the 16000 women were rescued and Lord Krishna married them to restore them to their former dignity.
Narak Chaturdashi is celebrated with pure heart and immense joy by people. The people wake up early in the morning and break a bitter fruit in the morning. Then, they apply scented oil or Kumkum oil on their body and after that take bath. The breaking of fruit represents the head of Narakasura and the Kumkum oil or paste symbolizes the blood that Lord Krishna smeared on his forehead as a symbol of his victory.
As the dusk approaches, people start lighting their houses with colorful lights. They also light diyas in and around the house to mark the celebration of Chhoti Diwali. People light firecrackers and do fireworks to enjoy the festival.
Diwali is a very auspicious festival for Hindus. It marks the victory of good over evil. People celebrate this festival with great enthusiasm and fire crackers for sound and lighting. All the evils are eradicated and only purity prevails on Earth.
Chhoti Diwali has its own significance and is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor all around. With the brightness of Narak Chaturdashi eradicate the darkness of your life and step forward to a brighter life. We wish you a very happy Narak chaturdashi 2017.
We wish you a very happy Narak chaturdashi...!!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल