Mokshada Ekadashi 2017: A Guidance To The Point Of Salvation!
Mokshada Ekadashi 2017 Date
The date for Mokshada Ekadashi in 2017 is November 30. This Mokshada Ekadashi, get directed to the divine path of salvation. To know more about how to attain Moksha in Mokshada Ekadashi, read this article.
Mokshada Ekadashi: What Is Mokshada Ekadashi?
Mokshada Ekadashi is believed to be a holy day in Hindu mythology. Mokshada Ekadashi takes place in Agrahayana month and as the name suggests, this Ekadashi is observed to attain Moksha (salvation). This is not all, we have brought you more details about Mokshada Ekadashi. Let's take a look.
Mokshada Ekadashi is observed in Shukla Paksha (bright fortnight) of the Hindu month of Agrahayana. The day of Mokshada Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Krishna , when devotees perform Vrat (fasts) for the whole day.
Mokshada Ekadashi is celebrated on the same day of the celebration of Gita Jayanti. This is the day, when Krishna delivered the holy sermon of Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna.
Now, let's take a look when Mokshada Ekadashi will be observed in 2017 according to the Hindu calendar .
Mokshada Ekadashi 2017: Date & Timing
|Mokshada Ekadashi 2017||Thursday||November 30||Ekadashi|
Parana Muhurat is the auspicious time of breaking a Mokshada Ekadashi Vrat. This time, in 2017, Parana Muhurat is from 06:29 to 07:12.
We hope that the date and timing to perform Mokshada Ekadashi Vrat will be helpful in observing Mokshada Ekadashi, with utter devotion.
But, why do we actually observe Mokshada Ekadashi every year? Let's take a look at why to follow the day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
Mokshada Ekadashi: Why To Observe Mokshada Ekadashi In 2017?
Once, King Vaikhanasa ruled the city of Champaknagar. He was very compassionate toward his subjects and treated them as his own children. It is said that his subjects belonged to Vaishnava sect (worshipers of Vishnu).
Once in the night, the king dreamt of his father being tormented in Naraka (hell). This disturbed the king to a great deal and hence, he related this nightmare to Parvata Muni (sage of the mountain). Sage Parvat advised him to observe a Vrat on the Ekadashi of Agrahayana month, in order to free his late father from his past sins. Since then, the fast observed on Ekadashi Tithi of Agrahayana month came to be known as Mokshada Ekadashi. The king was finally able to provide his father, Moksha, after performing severe austerities on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
As we know the legend associated with Mokshada Ekadashi, we should also take a look at the rituals to be carried out in Mokshada Ekadashi.
Mokshada Ekadashi: How To Observe Mokshada Ekadashi In 2017?
Following are the traditions that are followed in the day of Mokshada Ekadashi:
- A fast or Vrat is observed from the sunrise to the dawn of the next day.
- Devotees worship Lord Vishnu on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
- During fast, Satvik food is consumed by the devotees. If one cannot fast for the whole day, he/she can also observe a fast for half day or a partial fast.
This Mokshada Ekadashi, invoke the blessings of Vishnu with a pure heart and wash away your past life sins.
AstroSage wishes you all divinity on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Weekly Horoscope (12 - 18 August 2019)
- Amit Shah’s Kundli Reveals His Luck Factor
- ARTICLE 370 & JAMMU KASHMIR: ASTROLOGY REVEALS THE FATE OF J&K
- HIMA DAS IN OLYMPICS 2020: WILL DHING EXPRESS WIN ANOTHER GOLD?
- WILL M.S. DHONI RETIRE THIS YEAR? ASTROLOGY REVEALS IT ALL!
- HEART DISEASES: YOUR BIRTH CHART MAY BE RESPONSIBLE!
- TUBERCULOSIS: DISCOVER THE ASTROLOGICAL REASONS AND REMEDIES FOR T.B.
- Movie Review: John Abraham’s Batla House Creates A Patriotic Buzz
- Movie Review: Will Jabariya Jodi Weave Its Magic At the Box Office?
- Retrograde Mercury Transited in Gemini!
- Venus Transiting in Cancer Today, Know Its Impact
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल (12 से 18 अगस्त, 2019)
- अश्वत्थ मारुती पूजन आज, जानें हिन्दू धर्म में आज का दिन क्यों है ख़ास
- अशून्य शयन व्रत आज: जानें मुहूर्त, पूजा विधि और ज़रूरी नियम !
- शनिवार के दिन करें ये ख़ास उपाय, मिलेगी तरक्की और समृद्धि !
- ‘ढिंग एक्सप्रेस’ हिमा दास ओलंपिक 2020 में भी बनेगी गोल्डन गर्ल?
- संक्रांति विशेष: जानें सूर्य और शनि ग्रह क्यों हैं एक-दूसरे के शत्रु
- पूजा के लिए भूलकर भी ना करें स्टील के बर्तनों का प्रयोग, जानें आखिर क्या है वजह !
- शुक्रवार विशेष: माता लक्ष्मी की कृपा पाने के लिए अवश्य करें ये काम
- ग्रह दशा बिगड़ने से भी हो सकते हैं आप टी.बी रोग के शिकार
- मधुमेह के ज्योतिषीय कारण और उपाय !