Devi Shailputri is Worshiped on First Day of Navratri
Vande Vanchhitalabhay chandrardhakritshekharam |
Vrisharudham Shooldharam Shailputreem Yashasvineem ||
Almighty Durga is glorified with name 'Shailputri' as her first form. Navratri begins
with worship of devi Shailputri. As she is the daughter of Parvat Raj Himalya (King
of mountains), she is admired with name 'Shail Putri'.
Goddess Durga is personification of Shakti (power) and manifests herself in nine forms. These nine forms of Durga are religiously Worshiped one by one during nine days and nights of Navratri. Devi Shailputri is first among nine embodiments of Goddess Durga and is worshiped first during first day of Navratri. Her glory is incredible. She is the Goddess of purity. With her veneration, Navratri is given an auspicious start. She is also a form of Mother Nature (Prakriti). Worshiping this Goddess on the first day of Navratri Pooja, devotees enters in Moolchakra.
Devi Shailputri is worshiped along with Mahadev, as she is the consort (wife) of Lord Shiva. She is also the mother of Kumar Kartikeya and Ganesha. As she is Prakriti, she looks after all living organisms including human beings, animals, trees, shrubs, plants and even tiny living things on Earth. She holds a lotus flower in her left hand and a Trishul (trident) in her right hand. A half moon decorates her forehead. Parvati and Hemavati are other names of Goddess Shailputri. She rides on Vrishabha (a bull), the procession of this Goddess.
Legend behind incarnation of Devi Shail Putri
According to Shiv Mahapuran and other Hindu mythologies, Devi Sati, daughter of Prajapati Daksha, was got married with Mahadev. But King Daksha was completely not in favor of this marriage. One day, he organized a Maha Yagya. All deities and near dear ones were invited except Shiv and Sati. Finding this, Sati got deeply hurt and realized that her father was only insulting her husband Shiva. In this intolerable situation, she scarified her body burnt in fire of yogic Yagya. This sight was extremely painful for Mahadev. He made himself isolated from all and went for a penance of long eras. Without him the whole universe was in disorder. But, re-birth of Sati with name Parvati at home of King Himalaya nurtured rays of hope. However, it was very difficult for Parvati to get her Lord Shiva, as Mahadev lost himself in densest of Sadhna.
With mammoth efforts and immense devotion, Devi Parvati began her search and journey toward Lord Shiva. After many endeavors, she blessed with a re-chance to marry with Mahadev. Thereby, Shailputri symbolized herself as a true Goddess of root chakra. Her awakening was toward establishing universal love with Lord Shiva that glorified her as the Goddess of awareness.
On the first day of Navratri, devotees place enters in Moolchakra and worship Goddess
Shailputri to establish dedication keeping Mooladhar in mind, and commence Durga
pooja auspiciously. Jai Devi Shailputri.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल