Vastu for Bedroom
Guidelines for the Vastu of the bedroom
Your bedroom speaks about who you are. It reflects volumes about your personality. It is the place that demands solitude and nurtures dreams and intimacy. Despite this people generally avoid giving proper attention on the bedroom. Location of the bedroom and its direction play extremely important role in the Vastu. North is assigned for the living room that is why a bedroom should be located far away from the living room and south is the ideal location. There are few basic principles that should be kept in mind for the bedroom. Depending on vastu for living in peace and harmony and it really helps in keeping problems at bay. A proper bedroom as per principles of Vastu provides complete relaxation after a tiring day.
Basic Tips for Vastu-Bedroom
- Better avoid bedroom in the North-East: It is more suited for a Puja room as it gets early morning sunlight.
- Better avoid bedrooms in the middle of the house: Bedroom requires privacy so it cannot be in the middle of the house.
Ideal location for the bedroom Vastu
The Master bedroom must be in the South-West.Incase you own more than one floor , you should assign the Souh -West corner of the top most floor for your Master -Bedroom . This should primarily be a bedroom for parents and children should be kept away from using this.Vastu believes that if children are allowed to use this bedroom they tend to become very dominating. However more importantly, one should avoid Master bedroom in the South-East. It should be reserved for kitchen.
Ideal shape for the bedroom in the vastu
- Square or rectangle in shape is preferred. The rectangle or square shape is the best shape for placing rectangular cots and other furniture, without wasting any space.
- Avoid sleeping with head in the North: You should know that only dead body is kept with the head in the North and the feet pointing towards the South. Explained scientifically, blood in the body contains iron with the positive polarity in the head. Head represents the North pole and feet acts as south pole of the body magnet. If anybody sleeps with head to the North, these two positive polarities repel as like charges repel each other disrupting the smooth flow of blood in the body.However, one can sleep with head in the other three directions. Sleeping with the head in the East tilts you towards spitritual things. That is why children should always sleep with their head in the east.
Sleeping with head in the West is preferred for people who reside as a guest in their parents' house.
Sleeping with one's head in the South brings happiness and sound sleep.
- In order to allow the free flow of air you should keep bed few inches away from the wall.
- Bed should be in a position from where you can see anyone coming into the rooms.
- A door should be fully open as it fully limits the flow of opportunities . Avoid fixing doors in the South-West of a bedroom.
- The dressing table should be placed in the East or North
- Avoid Television in the bedroom as it works as a mirror and generates negative energy. If in any case you want tv in the room then place it far away from the bed.
- Place a favourite photo or some natural scenery on the walls of the room. It will give you positive feeling and peace of mind.
- Avoid mirror opposite the bed
- Avoid Clutter in the room as it represents chaos.
- Color of the bedroom walls: It may be blue, chocolate, dark green but don't use bright colors.
- The correct position of furniture in the bedroom makes one feel at home. One should avoid beds in the centre of the room.
- Dining-room should not be exposed to front door of your house.
- Do not keep prickly cactus, plants in the house.
- The bedroom should not have too bright or too dim lighting. Keeping an up-lighter in south-east is good.
- Almirah should should be placed in the south-east, the north-east, the south-west and the northwest corners .