Blood Moon: Discover when the Moon will turn Red and its effect on the natives
Blood Moon is a common astronomical phenomenon which induces curiosity in everyone as many people rush to the internet to know what is a blood moon or at what time is the blood moon occuring. The term “Blood Moon” attained popularity when two Christian preachers Mark Biltz and John Hagee, shed some light on the prophecies mentioned in the Bible associated with Lunar Tetrad. When four successive Total Lunar Eclipses took place in a series of six lunar months and no partial lunar occured in between, it was termed as Lunar Tetrad. It happened during April 2014 and September 2015 respectively. However, according to the conventional practices, every total lunar eclipse is called a Blood Moon in the Contemporary world.
What is a Blood Moon?
Red Blood Moon or Blood Moon is a natural celestial event. As we know, the Moon revolves around the earth and earth revolves around the sun. Sometimes our planet, the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon. During this event, the total illuminating light from Sun only reaches the Moon’s outlines and not does not spread through the entire planet.
If we talk scientifically, it is a natural process which comes into the picture when earth’s umbra covers the Moon completely when it passes behind it. In such a scenario, the Moon appears to be red or coppery brown and thus, such a Lunar Eclipse comes to be known as a Blood Moon. It is a well understandable fact that Blood Moon can occur only during a Total Lunar Eclipse.
Also Read: Planet Moon in Vedic Astrology
Astrological Significance of the Occurence of Blood Moon During Lunar Eclipse
As per Vedic astrology, Moon Sign is of vast immense in a native’s life as the Moon has much importance among all other planets. Moon controls one’s mind and approximately 70 percent of the human body consists of water which comes under the governance of Planet Moon. Thus, the Moon is very important in astrology. Scientifically speaking, Lunar Eclipse or Chandra Grahan is a very normal event but for the sake of thrills, it is given a celebratory status by many people. It is so, because the colour of Moon becomes red and its image becomes attractive during this event. But, the event has crucial astrological importance as its impact navigates the lives of each and every individual being.
Know your Moon Sign for Free: Moon Sign Calculator
Effects of Blood Moon
According to Vedic astrology or Hindu religion, the blood moon lunar eclipse has great significance because the classics of astrology state that it creates negative impacts in nature and eventually affects the life of all human beings. People develop the tendency to feel more anxious and restless due to this event and a strange silence crepes in the environment which generates an unnatural fear prophesying the occurrence of inauspicious circumstances. A few of the same are appended below:
- Vedic astrology describes the negative effects of total Lunar eclipse as it is a time period when disturbing incidents take place. Violence or riots may occur during the event or after its completion.
- Outsiders from the country may try to intrude in and create hassles for defence forces as well as internal security experts.
- During this time students may have a hard time concentrating in studies and eventually their education might get affected in a negative manner.
- If we talk about stock exchange, the Blood Moon’s impacts are also visible on many metals, especially on the precious ones like Gold whose prices may rise during and after the occurence of Blood moon lunar eclipse.
- As most parts of a human being’s body is ruled by water and when it’s controller, the planet Moon gets hemmed in eclipse, it affects our body in a negative way.
- People having a weak or afflicted Moon in their Kundli may face mood swings the state of their mind may also remain unstable.
- People who have developed suicidal tendencies should be given special attention during this period which should last for a time period of at least six weeks after the completion of this event.
As per astrological principles and calculations, Lunar Eclipse takes place in a particular zodiac sign and a particular constellation (Nakshatra). People born under that sign or Nakshatra are more likely to be at the receiving end of negative effects, as compared to the natives belonging to other zodiac signs and Nakshatras. For example, if Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse is taking its shape in Aries zodiac sign and Bharani Nakshatra (whose ruling Lord is Venus) then it can have adverse impacts on Aries natives and also those who are governed by Bharani Nakshatra and the planet Venus.
Remedies to Observe During Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse
There are some remedial measures as per astrology and Hindu religion which can be done to get rid of the malefic effects brought forward by a Blood Moon eclipse. If you perform them, you may stay safe and ill effects will be at bay. A few of them are mentioned below:
- Perform meditation during the eclipse period. It will improve your will power and also provide a refreshing energy to your mind.
- You can chant any mantra of your choice. However, reciting the Chandra mantra (chanting associated with the planet Moon) is recommended as it is considered very auspicious.
- You should recite ॐ क्षीरपुत्राय विद्महे अमृत तत्वाय धीमहि तन्नो चन्द्रः प्रचोदयात् (Aum Ksheer putraaye vidmahe amrit tatvay dheemahi tanno chandrah prachodayat).
- You can also chant Goddess Mahalakshmi mantra or Sri Suktam. It will increase the chances of acquiring monetary gains and improve your financial situation.
- It especially affects pregnant women so they should not go outside and spectate the eclipse with their naked eyes as it will affect the health of their unborn child.
- God Shiva is the father of this universe. Thus, during this period you should chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra as it will bless you with good health for a long period of time.
- For professional growth and avoidance of hurdles at workplace, you can chant Gayatri mantra during this duration.
- It is considered that materials of liquid state become unholy during Lunar eclipse. Hence, put some basil leaves in curd, milk, water and cooked meals. It is considered that basil leaves will keep them pure.
- It is strongly recommended to postpone any long distance journey and avoid the commencement of any auspicious work during Blood Moon period.
What time is the Blood Moon Occuring?
Now, the question arises when is the next Blood Moon occuring to which we have an answer. You will have to wait for a very long time as the next total blood moon eclipse will take its shape on 26 May, 2021 and it will be visible from Asia, Pacific and Australia. On the other hand, people of America cannot watch this event as it will occur at moonset for them.
Somehow, if you have missed to bear witness to this celestial event, the next Blood Moon can be seen on 16 May, 2022 and it will be seen from Europe, North and South America and Africa.
However, if your wait is a bit longer, you can watch partial lunar eclipse in between. These will be apparent for most parts of the world.
Apart from the Blood Moon, there are some common phenomena associated with the Moon. Let's check them out very quickly:
Hunter's Moon and Harvest Moon
It is another term used for a specific blood moon or sanguine. Hunter's Moon is a traditional word which is used to refer to a full moon. It appears in the month of October i.e. after the harvest moon. The harvest moon occurs in the month of September and is very close to the autumnal equinox. When Hunter's moon appears, mother nature adorns a soothing and cooperative demeanor and adds contributions to make the moonrises of the fall, unique.
When we listen to the word Supermoon, our eyes shines as it is actually a full Moon and the Moon bestows its full radiance on this day. It comes very near to the earth and an even closer proximity to the elliptical orbit of Mother Earth. Thus, it shines in a very bright manner. On this very day, the Moon’s appearance also looks much bigger as compared to the other days. Considering all of these facts, it is known as Supermoon.
The Second full moon occuring in a month of the same year is known as Blue Moon. It occurs after almost every 29.5 days. Therefore, we can understand that first full moon takes place at the beginning of the month and second one which is called Blue Moon presents itself at the end of the month, in most of the cases. But, it should not be presumed that the Moon will turn blue during the occurrence of this event as nothing of that sort happens.
It is necessary for a second full moon to appear in a single month and then only it will be a blue moon. On an average, it occurs after every two and a half years. The upcoming blue moon will take its shape on 31 October 2020.
Super Blue Blood Moon
This is another phenomenon known as Super Blue Blood Moon. It is nothing but the complete package or combination of a Blue Moon, Supermoon and Blood Moon, which means all three would come together to form an eclipse.
The next Blue Blood Moon will take place on 21 December 2028. But, If you wish to see Super Blue Blood Moon then you need to wait till 31 January 2037.
Know Your Best Compatible Match: Moon Sign Compatibility
We hope, this article pertaining to Blood Moon will help you understand its meaning and other aspects associated with it.