Devshayani Ekadashi 2017: Reach Divinity Before The Lord Sleeps!
Devshayani Ekadashi is the ekadashi when Lord Vishnu goes for sleep. This day is observed every year on the 11th day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Ashadha. According to the Gregorian Calendar, it will be marked on the 4th of July. Devotees observe fast on this day and worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. If you want to know more, stay connected to this exclusive article...
Devshayani Ekadashi 2017
The term Ekadashi means the eleventh day of the Hindu calendar. Out of all the Ekadashis, Devshayani Ekadashi is considered to be the most significant one. The day of Devshayani Ekadashi is observed during the Shukla Paksha (dark fortnight) of the Hindu month of Ashadha. As per the Gregorian calendar, it is the month of June-July.
Devshayani Ekadashi is also known by the following names of Maha Ekadashi, Ashadhi Ekadashi, Toli Ekadashi, Padma Ekadashi, Devpodhi Ekadashi and Hari Sayana Ekadashi.
Devshayani Ekadashi is known as Ashadi Ekadashi in Maharashtra. The famous Pandharpur Yatra comes to an end on this day.
Devshayani Ekadashi is known as Toli Ekadashi in southern part of India. On this day, the Vaishnava Mutts wear heated seals on their own body. This practice is popularly known Tapta Mudra Dharana.
On the day of Devshayani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi is worshiped. It is believed that on day of Devshayani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu goes off to sleep in Ksheer Sagar (milk ocean), on Shesha Naga (heavenly serpent) for a period of four months. These four months are also known as Chau Mass or Chaturmas. Vrat is observed at the beginning of this month. Post four months, Lord Vishnu wakes up from his sleep. This day is known as Prabodhini Ekadashi or Dev Uthani Ekadashi and is observed in the Kartik Mas (month) which is in October- November. During these four months no auspicious work is done.
Now, that you know the about Devshayani Ekadashi, let's see the appropriate date and time to seek the blessing of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi, during the coming Devshayani Ekadashi in 2017.
Devshayani Ekadashi : 2017 Date & Timing
Devshayani Ekadashi will be observed in different parts of the country on different Tithis in 2017. This difference is because of the variation noticed in the Hindu Calendar.
Let's find out which place will observe Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat at what time.
|Devshayani Ekadashi 2017||Tuesday||July 4||Ekadashi|
We hope that the date and timing to observe Devshayani Ekadashi in 2017 will be helpful for you.
Now, let's take a look at the rituals that are to be followed on Devshayani Ekadashi.
Devshayani Ekadashi : Rituals
Following are the rituals that are to be followed on the day of Devshayani Ekadashi:
- Devotees wake up early in the morning and take a holy bath.
- Thousands of devotees also take a holy dip in Godavari river on Devshayani Ekadashi and pay their homage to Lord Rama (incarnation of Lord Vishnu) at Kala Ram temple in Nashik.
- Devotees observe Devshayani Ekadashi fast and Lord Vishnu idols are established at the Puja Sthan (worshiping place).
- Lord Vishnu idols are decorated with Shankh (shell), Chakra (Lord Vishnu's weapon), Gadha and yellow color clothes are offered.
- Flowers, Paan (betel), Supari (betel nut), incense sticks and Bhog (sacred food offering) are offered to Lord Vishnu.
- During evening, most of the devotees have the same Bhog Prasad.
Observe the Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat and receive the Lord's blessings to glorify your life. Now, let's take a look at the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi.
Devshayani Ekadashi 2017: Significance Of The Day
Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat Katha is narrated to Narada Muni by Lord Brahma. There was a king by the name Mandhata. He ruled over a highly prosperous and wealthy kingdom. His people were kept exceptionally happy by their king.
But there came a time, when his kingdom suffered famine and drought. There was extreme scarcity of rains for three years. People were suffering from illness and starvation. The people of his kingdom told him that it was because of his sins, the people of the kingdom were in utter suffering.
King Mandata was unable to figure out what mistake did he make in the past, because of which his people were suffering. Hence, he went out for a long journey, where he met a lot of holy men but nobody was able to provide him with a solution. Hence, he decided to carry on his journey till he found the solution for this problem.
On his way Mandhata, met Sage Angira who told him that it is not the reason which is significant but, how can you get rains for your people was the most important thing to be thought of at that point of time. Sage Angira told him to worship Lord Vishnu on the day of Devshayani Ekadashi and observe a fast in his name with complete rituals.
Thus, finding a solution for his problem Mandhata returned to his kingdom and observed the Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat along with his entire family. Soon, the results of his Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat were witnessed by the people of his kingdom. The kingdom found its lost glory and rains returned resulting in happiness & prosperity.
Thus, it is believed that people who observe the Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat are blessed with peace, happiness and prosperity by Lord Vishnu.
Devotees who observe the Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat with full devotion, dedication, faith and with complete rituals are liberated from the cycle of birth and death. These devotees attain salvation or Moksha.
So, observe the Devshayani Ekadashi Vrat with full devotion, without any desire for material wealth and we are sure Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi will bless you.
Hopefully, with the help of this article, you will be able to observe Devshayani Ekadashi without thinking what will be the end result. Just pray to almighty with your full faith and we are sure, he will be there by you.
AstroSage wishes you all blissful Devshayani Ekadashi...!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल