Putrada Ekadashi 2016: Observe Fast & Be Blessed By A Child
Putrada Ekadashi in 2016 is scheduled on August 14. You must be thinking - Why we are celebrating it on two days? Actually, one is Paush Putrada Ekadashi and other one is Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. Let’s read further to know which one is celebrated when and their details.
Putrada Ekadashi or Pavitra Ekadashi is important for those couples, who seeks for a blessing of a child in their life. Each and every married person wishes that their family should be completed by the arrival of a newborn in their lives. Every couple wants to get the happiness from their children and wishes that their children should become their backbone in old age
However, there are few couples who are childless, but they need not to be upset. Instead, God listens to everyone’s prayers, be it sooner or later. Hence, the childless couples should observe the Putrada Ekadasi or Pavitra Vrat (fast) and pray Lord Vishnu on this day.
There are two Putrada Ekadashi in a year. Let’s take a look at these Ekadashi events and explore some knowledge about them.
Paush Putrada Ekadashi 2016
Paush Putrada Ekadashi 2016 date is January 20. As per the Hindu Calendar, the Ekadasi that occurs on the eleventh day of the Hindu month Paush is called the Paush Putrada Ekadashi. The ones who observe Paush Putrada Ekadashi Vrat, get the blessings of Lord Vishnu. It is well known that a child is the one who carryforwards the customs, traditions and the name of the family. Hence, everyone wishes to have a child, as it also makes their family a complete one.
As every occasion has a legend associated with it, so does the Paush Putrada Ekadasi. Before we go further, let’s take a look at the legend of Paush Putrada Ekadashi.
Legend of Paush Putrada Ekadashi
As per the legend, there was a King named Suketuman, who was married to Queen Shaibya. The couple used to be very upset, as they did not have a child. Their ancestors and the King were also worried due to the fact that there would be no one after the King and the Queen for their Shraddh.
The King left the palace in grief. While he was wandering here and there, he reached an Ashram (monastic house) built on the bank of Yamuna river. There he saw 10 saints, who were named as Vishvadevas. They told the King to observe the fast of Putrada Ekadasi to get blessed with a child. After hearing this, the King returned back to the kingdom. The King observed the fast of Putrada Ekadashi and was blessed with a would be prince of the kingdom.
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi 2016
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi 2016 date is August 14. As per the Hindu Calendar, the Ekadashi that occurs on the eleventh day of the Hindu month Shravan is called the Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. This Ekadashi is also meant for those who do not have a child and wishes to be blessed by a parental feeling. Now let’s take a look at the legend of Shravan Putrada Ekadasi Vrat.
Legend Of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi
As per the legend, there was a King named Mahijit, who was a very powerful King. But, he had no children, which was the reason for his grief. Hence, he visited a saint named Lomesh. He told the King that he committed some sins in previous birth, due to which he has no child in present birth. He told the King to keep a fast of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. Hence, King and the Queen both observed the fast of Putrada Ekadashi. Soon, they were blessed by a child, by the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Putrada Ekadashi 2016 Rituals
On the day of Putrada Ekadashi, the person who keeps fast, wakes up early morning and wear new clothes after shower. After this, the observer offer prayers and flowers, fruits, betel leaves, and incense sticks to Lord Vishnu. A fast is kept for the whole day. In evening, a Katha (legend) is recited. Offering food to Brahmins is also the part of Putrada Ekadashi or Pavitra Ekadashi ritual.
Hopefully, this information on Ekadashi will help you in obtaining the desired result. Along with this, keep fast of Putrada Ekadashi with full faith and devotion; thus, pleasing Lord Vishnu. Hence, if you wish to get blessed with a child, observe the fast of Putrada Ekadashi in 2016 and get your wishes fulfilled.
AstroSage wishes you a blessed Putrada Ekadashi in 2016!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल