Utpanna Ekadashi 2017: Honor Lord Vishnu To Reach Heaven
The holy day of Utpanna Ekadashi in 2017 is on November 14. Utpanna Ekadasi is the one, when worshiping Lord Vishnu gives a chance to reach heaven. Keep the fast on Utpanna Ekadashi and get rid of the sins. Read on to know more…
The Ekadashi that comes in the dark fortnight (Krishna Paksha) of the Hindu month Kartik is called the Utpanna Ekadashi. The day of Utpanna Ekadashi is dedicated to the damsel who originated from eleven senses of Lord Vishnu
Lord Vishnu is worshiped on the day of Utpanna Ekadashi. If you are also going to observe the Vrat (fast) on this Utpanna Ekadasi, do follow all the rituals of the day and earn Lord Vishnu’s blessings.
Utpanna Ekadashi : Significance Of The Day
Before we go ahead and observe the Utpanna Ekadashi fast, let’s take a look at the significance of the day of Utpanna Ekadashi. This will help in observing the Utpanna Ekadasi fast with even more devotion and faith in Lord Vishnu.
The significance that the Utpanna Ekadasi holds is same as someone make donations on the day of Sankranti, lunar or solar eclipse, or taking bath at a sacred place. Utpanna Ekadashi is also as significant as donating things to 10 pious Brahmins (priests). Hence, attain all these significant benefits by observing the Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat.
Legend Of Utpanna Ekadashi
As per the legend, there was a demon named Mura and the Devas (demigods) were quite terrified from him. The demon even defeated Lord Indra, along with the God of Wind, the God of Sun, and the God of fire. He forced them to accept all his orders.
All the demigods approached Lord Shiva for help, he told them to go to Lord Vishnu. All of them reached Lord Vishnu and asked him to give some solution to get away from Mura. Indra told Lord Vishnu that Mura lives in the city name, Chandravati.
Lord Vishnu, the demigods and the demon had a fight for many years. Hence, Lord Vishnu went to a cave to take rest. Mura decided to kill Lord Vishnu in the cave. Since, Lord Vishnu was taking rest, a beautiful damsel appeared and started fighting with the demon. After a long fight, the damsel defeated the demon and killed him. When Lord Vishnu woke up, he saw that the damsel had already killed the demon. When asked, she told that she has originated from the body of Lord Vishnu. Since then, the day was known as Utpanna Ekadashi, as the damsel appeared on this day.
Utpanna Ekadashi : Rituals Of The Day
The one observing the fast on this Utpanna Ekadasi should also have a sound knowledge of the rituals of the day. Let’s take a look what all rituals should be followed on this Ekadasi, and thereafter.
The person who observes the Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat should follow the rituals from the day of Dashami (tenth day of the Hindu month). Then, on the day of Ekadashi the devotee should wake up early in the morning. After taking bath, Lord Vishnu is worshiped by incense sticks, fruits and flowers.
Also, as the part of rituals of Utpanna Ekadashi, the observer of the fast should not consume garlic, non vegetarian food, alcohol and Masoor (lentils). The one who observes the Utpanna Ekadasi fast do not sleep all over the night and sing devotional songs.
Hopefully, all this information on Utpanna Ekadasi will help you knowing all about the Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat and its significance. Go ahead and follow all the rituals on the day of Utpanna Ekadasi and earn Lord Vishnu’s blessings.
AstroSage wishes you a blessed Utpanna Ekadashi..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Sun Transit In Leo (17 August): What Will Be The Impact On Your Sign?
- These Signs In Your Horoscope Reveal If You Are Blessed By God Or Not!
- Weekly Horoscope (15-21 August): Horoscope, Festivals, Major Transits Of The Week!
- All Your Work Will Be Done Without Problems, Just Follow These Remedies!
- 15 August ’22: 75 Years of Independence-Predictions With India’s Kundli!
- Kajari Teej 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Legend, Puja Rituals
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 14 August-20 August, 2022
- Strengthen Venus In Your Charts With 17 Unfailing Astrological Remedies!
- Confused About Janmashtami ‘22 Date? Celebrate Janmashtami In These Special Yogas!
- Shravana Purnima Vrat ‘22: Know Muhurat, Rituals, & Other Festivals Celebrated On This Day!
- सूर्य का सिंह राशि में गोचर (17 अगस्त): आपकी राशि पर क्या पड़ेगा प्रभाव?
- कुंडली के इन संकेतों से जानें आप पर भगवान की कृपा है या नहीं।
- इस हफ्ते कौन सी राशियों को मिलेगी ख़ुशियाँ अपार और कौन सी राशियों पर टूटेगा पहाड़?
- बनते-बनते बिगड़ जाते हैं काम, तो जरूर अपनाएं रविवार को ये अचूक उपाय
- 15 अगस्त 2022 – आज़ादी के 75 साल और भारत का स्वतंत्रता दिवस
- कैसे मनायें कजरी तीज का त्योहार? जानें तिथि, मुहूर्त एवं पूजा विधि
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 14 अगस्त से 20 अगस्त, 2022
- यदि आपकी कुंडली में शुक्र है कमज़ोर तो करें ये 17 अचूक उपाय!
- कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी तिथि को लेकर संशय करें दूर-इन अति शुभ योगों में इस वर्ष मनाया जाएगा कृष्ण जन्मोत्सव!
- श्रावण पूर्णिमा पर मनाए जाएंगे कई अन्य त्योहार, जानें महत्व, मुहूर्त एवं अनुष्ठान विधि।