Virgo Dates, Element and Symbol Myth
Virgo Dates and Element
Virgo Dates: August 23 - September 22
Symbol: The Virgin
Mode + Element: Mutable Earth
Ruling Planet: Mercury
Mantra: I Analyze
Body Parts: The digestive system
Colors: Tan & Warm yellow
Tarot Card: The Hermit
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Pisces, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
About Virgo Zodiac Sign
To be accurate, Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac, and that is the way Virgos like it: exacting. For being so picky and critical (and they may be), those born under this horoscope sign are forever the butt of jokes, but their 'attention to detail' is for a reason: to assist others. Virgos have been born to serve more than any other zodiac sign, and it gives them great pleasure. As common Virgo traits are industrious, methodical, and effective, they are also tailor-made for the job. The sense of obligation borne by these individuals is important, and it means that they will all work for the common good.
Virgo: Symbol Myth
In Babylonian culture, where it was associated with the goddess Shala, who was portrayed carrying an ear of grain, the stellar constellation of Virgo originated. This goddess ruled over fertility and the harvest for the Babylonians, linking Virgo with some of its earliest archetypal associations.
This connection to the harvest continues in Greek mythology, where Virgo was related to the goddess Demeter, who also ruled over the earth's abundance and agriculture. Via early Roman culture, Virgo is also linked to Ceres, where she was the ruler of the same agricultural themes.
This link with planting, growing, harvesting fruit, and herbal medicine has been maintained by Virgo to this day. By association with The Virgin Mary, Virgo's virginal symbolism was found in the Middle Ages.
The Virgo season starts on August 23 in the western tropical zodiac, starting with the final summer period in the Northern Hemisphere. This is the time of year when the heat and light of the sun begin to mellow, with the days starting to shorten towards the Equinox of Fall. The Virgo season is when the abundance and vitality of nature are ready for selection and harvesting, adding to the archetype of the Virgo's earthy, tending, and organisational qualities.
Virgo in Mutable Mode
Virgo is the second of the four mutable zodiac signs, both of which, at the end of the four seasons, carry the elementary force of transition. The season of Virgo is the end of summer, when the season's heat begins to combine and yield to the coolness of the coming autumn. The source of Virgo's mutable, adaptive, and changeable nature as an archetype is this mixed and diverse seasonal consistency.
Virgo In Earth Element
The element of Virgo is the earth, the heaviest and most stable element, thought to be the densest type of matter by ancient astrologers. Earth reflects the very foundation in and on which all of nature is constructed, and nothing will take a material form without it. The affinity of Virgo to be powerful, skilled, and resourceful is all akin to the Earth element's structure and tangibility.
Virgo: Domicile of Mercury
Mercury was given rulership of both Gemini and Virgo in classical astrology. Mercury's nocturnal/night house, a diligent and detailed-focused earth sign that helps Mercury to express and enact its most swift and simple functions, was thought to be Virgo. Analysis, communication, the capacity to distinguish and differentiate, and fine, manual dexterity are among these.
Many born in Virgo with Mercury would undoubtedly find that all of these skills come to them naturally and easily. In Virgo folks, Mercury usually has a keen, perceptive mind. To help them handle their decisions and behaviours, they are often very receptive, considerate, and tuned into their heightened nervous system responses.
Virgo: Ruling Body Parts
The abdomen, liver, bowels, digestive system, spleen and gut are controlled by this symbol. They are also co-rulers of the nervous system (along with Gemini). These individuals, too, have an instinctive intuition for their health.
Some would suggest they have more 'gut feeling' at their hands. It is called gut instinct. As such, they seem to be the most health-conscious of all the signs, and the work of Virgo in the astrological cycle, like the intestines, breaks things down into small parts, refining them.
Read on to learn more essential facts about common Virgo traits, career strengths and love compatibility with other zodiac signs, plus a list of famous Virgo celebrities!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल