6 Important Principles of Vastu
1) Entrance should preferably be from the north or east with more door and window openings in these directions.
2) An underground water-tank or a well should also be situated in the north eastern part of the plot.
3) The kitchen should preferably be in the south-east or in the north-west as second best- The Toilets should be avoided in the south-west and north-eastern corners of the house.
4) The levels in the north and east of the plot should be less than those in the south and west. The surrounding levels should be such that the natural rain water flows towards the north or east,
5) The height of the building in the south and west should be more than that in north and east. The terrace of the first floor should preferably be in the north and east. More open space should be left in the north and east than in south and west.
6) The plot should be either a square or a rectangle with its south-west angle of a 90 and north-east angle of less than 90.
It is said that these principles are applicable not only to individual houses, but
also to industry, educational institutions, commercial complexes, theatres, hospitals
and temples etc. If colonies villages and cities are planned on these principles,
it is said that they will all be very prosperous.