Lunar Eclipse 2019 Dates, Timings and Effects
Lunar Eclipse 2019: The Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Earth comes directly between the Sun and the Moon. During this period, the shadow of the Earth falls on the full Moon and turns it into red, grey and brown. As per the scientific reports, Lunar Eclipse tends to remain longer than a Solar Eclipse, lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour. The lunar eclipse can only occur on the night of the full moon. Talking about the lunar eclipse in the year 2019, a total lunar eclipse has occured on January 21, 2019, and partial lunar eclipse will take place on July 16 and 17, 2019.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: There are three types of Lunar Eclipses:
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
Total Lunar Eclipse
Partial Lunar Eclipse
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the planet, Moon passes through the Earth's Penumbra. When the Moon, Earth and the Sun are not aligned in a straight line, there comes a time when the Earth blocks the Sun's light from reaching the outer part of the Moon's surface, which is also known as the penumbra.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Total Lunar Eclipse
In this update of Lunar Eclipse 2019, you will get to know about total Lunar eclipse. A Total Lunar Eclipse occurs only when Earth, Sun and the Moon are closely aligned, and the Earth completely blocks direct sunlight to reach the Moon’s surface. During this period, the Earth comes between the Moon and the Sun and overshadows the moon with its shadow. Hence, the Moon turns red and has been given the name of Blood Moon.
|January 21, 2019||From 08:07:34 AM to 13:07:03 PM||Total Lunar Eclipse||Central Pacific, North/South America, Europe, Africa|
Note: This eclipse was not visible in India. It occured during Pushya Nakshatra in Cancer Sign. However, people born during this Nakshatra with Cancer as their sign may have witnessed the unfavorable outcomes of this Lunar Eclipse.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Partial Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse 2019: A partial Lunar Eclipse takes place when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon. During this period, the three celestial bodies are not aligned in a straight line
And there comes a time when the central part of the Earth (umbra) covers the small part of the moon’s surface.
|July 16-17, 2019||01:32:35 AM - 04:29:50 AM||Partial Lunar Eclipse||India & other Asian countries, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia|
Note: This eclipse will occur between July 16 and July 17 and will be visible in India. Also, the timing mentioned above is valid for New Delhi only. It will occur during Uttarashada Nakshatra in Sagittarius or Capricorn sign. Natives of these Zodiac signs and Nakshatra may get affected by Lunar Eclipse.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Sutak Kaal - The Inauspicious Period
In this update of Lunar Eclipse 2019 let’s talk about the Inauspicious period ‘Sutak Kaal’. Sutak Kaal is a period during Grahan, which starts before an eclipse and ends after taking a bath when the eclipse ends. As per Hindu religion, certain activities such as touching of the idols of Gods and Goddesses, performing any pious activity, eating and commencing a task, etc. are strictly prohibited.
Sutak Kaal Timings for Second Lunar Eclipse 2019
|Sutak Begins||15:55:13 PM on July 16, 2019|
|Sutak Ends||04:29:50 AM on July 17, 2019|
In the Lunar Eclipse 2019 we explained the Sutak Kaal above. The same is taken into account because it is considered highly inauspicious to perform them during Sutak, otherwise they may not give you the desired results, or may have an adverse impact. However, the rules of Sutak Kaal are not valid for children, elderly and sick people. At the same time, if an eclipse is not visible in a region, then the applicability of Sutak period is considered null for that particular place.
As first Lunar Eclipse is not visible in India; therefore, the rules of Sutak Kaal is not applicable here. But, the second and last Lunar Eclipse of 2019 will be partially visible in India. Therefore, its sutak rules, as well as religious and astrological significance, will be considered.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Things to Remember by Pregnant Women
- They should avoid going out of their house as the rays of the Moon can affect the child in the womb adversely.
- They should also avoid activities such as embroidery, stitching, peeling, cutting, etc.
- They are advised not to watch Lunar Eclipse as it is harmful for the unborn child.
- At the same time, a child born due to this may become more prone to Cancer.
They are advised to stay at home during this period.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Things to Avoid during Lunar Eclipse
- Initiating a new task.
- Cooking/eating during Sutak period.
- Going to the washroom/toilet.
- Touching the idols of deities. Also, avoid touching the Basil (Tulsi) plant.
- Cleaning of teeth, combing of hair, etc.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: Things to Do during Lunar Eclipse
- Meditate and exercise.
- Pray and worship Moon God.
- Chant Chandra Mantra “ॐ Kshira Putraya Vidmahe Amrit Tatvaya Dheemahi Tanno Chandrah Prachodayat”.
- After Lunar Eclipse ends, sprinkle Gangajal in each and every corner of your home to purify it.
- Take a bath and also cleanse the idols of deities after Grahan. Then, worship them.
- Have a fresh meal after Sutak Kaal ends.
- If you have prepared food before Sutak Kaal, do not waste it. You can put basil leaves to purify it and then have it.
- Donation to a needy or Brahmin should also be done after Lunar Eclipse ends.
Lunar Eclipse 2019: FAQs related to Lunar Eclipse
Mentioned below are the detailed FAQs related to Lunar Eclipse 2019:
- Is it dangerous to view a lunar eclipse with naked eyes?
ANSWER: As per astrological as well as scientific facts, it is harmless to spectate a lunar eclipse with naked eyes as you are only looking at the Moon in the night, which is quite safe. However, pregnant women are advised not to watch Lunar Eclipse as it is harmful for their unborn child.
- How to see a Lunar Eclipse?
ANSWER: If you want to see the various phases of Lunar Eclipse, then go ahead and watch this beautiful celestial event without any worry. This is because it is considered perfectly safe to watch Lunar Eclipse as it does not have any harmful impact on your eyes or entire life. Only pregnant ladies are advised not to see this or any Grahan.
- Why eating food during Lunar Eclipse is harmful?
ANSWER: As per the information provided by the ancient scriptures, the food prepared during Lunar Eclipse can affect your health severely. Therefore, you are suggested to avoid eating food during this period. And if you have made food before Grahan, put Basil leaves into it so that it gets purified, and then have it.
- Why do you need to worship the deities during Lunar Eclipse?
ANSWER: Worshipping Gods or performing puja during Lunar Eclipse offers fruitful results.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!