Sawan Somvar 2019
Know the importance of Sawan Somvar vrat or fast, and know how to gain desirable results by fasting or venerating Lord Shiva. Along with that, read the mythological stories associated with it and other significant aspects related to this day.
As per Hindu Panchang, Sawan is considered to be the fifth month of the year, which falls during the months of July-August as per English Calendar. This month is dedicated to Lord Shiva, as this month is dear to Mahadev. It is believed that when Lord Vishnu goes off to Kshirsagar to rest during the Karishayani or Devshayani Ekadashi, then Lord Shiva takes the responsibility of adhering to the universe as well as life within it. Worshipping Goddess Parvati along with Lord Shiva during this holy month offers desirable results and frees one from all kinds of troubles.
Sawan Somvar 2019 Dates
|First Sawan Somvar Fast||Monday||July 22, 2019|
|Second Sawan Somvar Fast||Monday||July 29, 2019|
|Third Sawan Somvar Fast||Monday||August 5, 2019|
|Fourth Sawan Somvar Fast||Monday||August 12, 2019|
Benefits of Sawan Somwar
If there are issues in your marriage, or you are facing financial problems or even suffering from health disorders, then fasting on Mondays during the month of Sawan can cure it all. Monsoon season arrives during the month of Sawan, hereby the surroundings become beautiful and luscious greens add to the natural beauty. Lord Shiva and Shakti are the epitome of a man and nature. In such a manner, Lord Shiva becomes happy when nature spreads its wings and adds a tint of green all over the world. Also, being in a content state, he steadily fulfills the wishes of devotees during this time.
Special Things To Keep In Mind
- Lord Shani is considered to be the dearest disciple of Lord Shiva, which is why observing the Sawan Somvar vrat appeases Lord Shankar as well as Lord Shani.
- As Lord Shiva adorns the crescent moon on his forehead, hence the day of Monday is dedicated to Moon along with Lord Shiva. As a result, fasting on Mondays during the month of Shravan or Sawan appeases Lord Moon, and one gains his blessings along with that of Lord Shiva. Also, it helps to get rid of the Chandra Dosha present in one’s kundli.
- If there is a Grahan Dosha or Sarp Dosha forming in your kundli, then fasting on this auspicious day and worshipping Lord Shiva helps to eliminate all kinds of Doshas.
- It is highly beneficial to worship Lord Shiva during the month of Savan if you want to get rid of different types of doshas and sinful deeds.
- If the festival of Nag Panchami falls on Sawan Somvar, then this day becomes more propitious. Also, serpents are worshipped on this day.
Purpose of Sawan Somvar
As per Vedic Astrology, Lord Shiva gets pleased when nature exhibits the perfect balance. He adorns the poisonous serpent, Vasuki, around his neck, crescent Moon on his forehead and Mother Ganga originating from his matted hair. His mount is a bull named Nandi, and his better half, Goddess Parvati, rides on the Lion. The mount of Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikeya, Lord Shiva’s sons, are mouse and peacock respectively. It is worth mentioning here that all these creatures are enemies of each other, but live in harmony in the abode of Lord Shiva, Mount Kailash. Through them, Lord Shankar conveys to us that a balance in nature must be maintained, and when it unveils its astounding beauty in the month of Sawan, a sense of sanctity prevails. Human beings must maintain cleanliness within their surroundings, as this appeases Lord Shiva, and one gains his blessings.
Fast and Worshipping Rituals
The fast observed on Mondays during Sawan holds a high significance. Here are the rituals to be followed:
- Wake up early and bathe properly in the morning.
- After this, carry out the Rudrabhishek ceremony of Lord Shiva with Milk, Water, Sugarcane juice, Mustard Oil, etc.
- Apply White Sandalwood to Lord Shiva, and offer him Datura, Bhang or Hemp, Bilwa leaves, sodom apple etc.
- Light a diya using pure Ghee or clarified butter in front of the Lord.
- After this, listen to or recite the Savan Somwar Vrat Katha and perform the aarti of Lord Shiva.
- After this, offer him the Bhog.
- Venerate Lord Shankar in the morning as well as the evening on the day of fast.
- After worshipping the Lord, break your fast, and consume food once throughout the day.
Why Is The Month Of Sawan Dear To Lord Shiva?
According to religious beliefs, one from the numerous stories related to Sawan is very popular. As per the mythological story, Goddess Parvati carried out a difficult fast during the month of Shravan without eating or consuming anything in order to achieve Lord Shiva as her better half. Pleased with this austerity, Lord Shankar appeared before her and gave her the boon of becoming his wife.
As per the next belief, Lord Shiva left his humble abode to visit his in-laws in this month itself, where he was welcomed with a Jalabhishek filled with reverence and admiration. Hence, it is believed that observing the Sawan Somvar fast helps people attain the blessings of Lord Shiva, because the Mahadev himself sets foot on the mortal world in order to bless them.
Kanwar yatra is also organized during this month, where all the devotees of Shiva enthusiastically take part, offer sacred water to the Lord himself collected from different pious rivers and pray for the fulfilment of their wishes.
Importance of Sawan Somvar Vrat
Any devotee who worships Lord Shiva on Mondays during the month of Sawan attains the blessings of Goddess Parvati along with the benediction of Mahadev. The possibility of unmarried natives getting married soon becomes strong, and one gains the boon of longevity. All health-related problems get eliminated, and one experiences the serenity while getting attached to nature. Also, one receives the grace of Lord Shankar by planting trees during the Shravan month.
We hope that you like this article related to Sawan Somvar and fast according to the rituals and steps mentioned in this article so as to please Lord Shiva and seek his blessings.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!