Deep Breathing Exercises & Their Benefits
Deep breathing is vital to increasing life force in the body
Breathing is crux for life and wheel of the body runs on it but more than 95 percent people don't know the true method of breathing. This hampers their growth, function and metabolic process of the body and in the long run they suffer from many ailments. It increases our vitality and promotes relaxation. We really need to understand inner dimension of the body and particularly function of chest and lungs. We should know that unnecessary tension in our muscles impedes our breathing. The mention of deep breathing is found in ancient Hindu Sanskrit text. It has been regarded as pivotal to prana tatva in the body.
The diaphragm is the main sub organ in the body that expands and contracts regularly. It is dome-shaped structure and is located about one and one-half inches up from the bottom of the sternum and supports the heart. When we breathe deeply diaphragm goes down the abdomen and this means we inhale more of the oxygen. When we breathe deeply we promote proper blood flow and lymph acts efficiently in the system. Breathing is something you are always doing and you don't make any extra effort if you become just mindful of your breath most of the problems associated with improper breathing will vanish like camphor in the air. Whether you are paying attention to it or not. By becoming more mindful of your breath, you can vastly improve your outlook and make choices that help you stay healthy and maintain your ideal weight.
Benefits of deep breathing
- Deep breathing helps to harmonize our nervous system and reduces stress.
- Eliminates Tension
- Provides internal massage to organs
- Helps in improving the posture
- Improves quality of the Blood
- It makes lungs healthier
- Reduces weight
- Deep breathing acts as natural painkillers. Oxygen is the source of energy and when we increase the intake means we enhance its level in the body. Without doubt if you take out some moments to practice each day it can have tremendous impact on the body
- The deep-breathing techniques enhance metabolic activity in the brain and support your central nervous system. It also helps in digestion which can be quite helpful in losing weight.
How to breathe properly?
Deep breathing exercises if done properly then it should be deep and slow, rhythmic and must be done through nose and certainly not from mouth. The most important aspect of deep breathing is -to be regulating your breaths three to four seconds in, and three to four seconds out. You should prioritize your schedule giving the due importance it deserves.
Sit in a comfortable position with your hands on your knees and your shoulders relaxed. Breathing starts with exhaling. Breathe in through your nose and eject the air gradually through your nostrils. At the end of your breath, pause for two counts and then inhale slowly till counting of five is complete. Repeat this process five or ten times. As time passes you will start realizing benefits of deep breathing process.