Red Coral Moonga Stone
Found deep inside the womb of the sea as a plant, Moonga or Red coral forms due to the accumulation of a particular kind of organism, which go by the name of Isis Nobiles on the rocks, deep underneath the seabed. The height of this plant varies from a foot long to 2-3 feet, and the width ranges from 0.5 to 1 inch. After reaching maturity, the plant is then processed and carved in different shapes into what we know as the Red Stone of Mars. Despite of the popular belief that Red coral is a plant, the facts beg to differ. The stone is no way related to a plant kingdom or vegetation, but is a living valuable gemstone. As the depth of the sea increases, the colour of the stone lightens, and bring sin the different variants available to us of Moonga. It is a priceless gift we gain from the mighty sea.
Red Coral is considered to be an energy booster and is also responsible for completion of events. There are several benefits of wearing red coral. Some of them are listed here:
- This gemstone is known for emitting cosmic colour yellow which is helpful in protecting from diseases related to blood, bone marrow, head and lymph nodes. Some diseases like piles, ulcer, etc. can be cured by wearing this stone.
- This gemstone is also capable in augmenting physical strength and empowering bones.
- It is also able to heal up or restraint the bite of snake or scorpion.
- This gemstone renders audacity and patience to those who are facing a difficult time.
- People embracing red coral are also blessed with self esteem and determination to face the hardships of life.
- It is believed that wearing this gem after 3 months of pregnancy helps in prevention of miscarriages.
- Wearing red coral is beneficial for children, who are suffering from malnutrition.
Red Coral or Moonga stone is worn when the red planet, Mars is in auspicious links with your birth chart. There are certain disadvantages of this gemstone. If it is worn without consulting an astrologer, then this can bear negative impacts in your life. Some of them are as follows:
- It affects the health in a negative way, if it is worn without consultation.
- Blood related disorders are likely to arise.
- Might affect the marital life badly.
- Behaviour towards people in general might sour.
- A finicky attitude is possible.
- Might result in over confidence.
What ratti/carat Red Coral is suitable for you?
You can wear Red Coral of 5 to 9 carats. It must be set into gold or copper as these metals represent planet Mars. Tuesday is the most felicitous day for worshipping Mars, that's why the ring has to be worn on Tuesday morning. After wearing, this gemstone will show its effect within 9 days and will remain active till 3 years. After 3 years, the gem will become inactive and needs to be changed. For best results, select the range of red corals from Japanese or Italian coral. Be careful while choosing the coral because cheap gemstone can have negative results.
Disclaimer: we advise all our readers, to consult a learned astrologer before going for any gemstone.
Red Coral is worn by people who have planet Mars in amiable houses in their respective birth chart. Aries and Scorpios can wear this gem in the ring finger of their right hand. Planet Mars is not only restricted to these 2 zodiac signs. People under other zodiac signs can also wear it. This gemstone can be worn by people who are facing distress in their lives. But be cautious while wearing this stone, as it can have a adverse impacts in your life. So, first consult an astrologer and then think about wearing the red coral stone (Moonga Stone). Because, if Mars is placed in an unfriendly house, then it will maliciously affect your life. People belonging to Aries, Cancer and Pisces zodiacs can wear this gemstone as planet Mars is in your friendly house. Aquarians and Scorpions can also wear this, but only under specific conditions. People under Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra and Capricorn are strongly recommended to avoid this gemstone. People belonging to Sagittarius zodiac sign can also wear this, but if someone is suffering from high blood pressure, then it's advised that they stay away from coral.
Technical Composition of Red Coral
In a dark environment, with low sedimentation, Red Corals grow on a rocky sea bottom. These gems are grown either in abyss or grotto. The basic formula for this gemstone is CaCO3 (Calcium Carbonate). The hardness measured on Mohs scale is 3.5 to 4. The specific gravity of red coral is 2.65 and the refractive index lies between 1.486 and 1.658. The exclusive characteristic of red coral is acutely coloured red and its durability, extensively used in preparation of jewellery. The basic composition of branches of coral reef is of calcium carbonate. The red coral is found in :-
Sri Lanka: the gemstone of Sri Lanka has excellent glimmer and looks very attractive. These corals are highly demanded due to to its dazzling colour and prices.
Precious coral is also found in the other parts of the world like India, Brazil, America, etc.
The Red coral must be engraved into gold or copper metal to achieve best results. The weight of the ring should not be less than 6 carats. Now, the wearing process of Red coral must be followed in sequence:
- Immerse the ring in cow's milk or in holy water and leave it overnight. Doing this will remove all the impurities form the ring.
- The ring has to be worn only on Tuesday as this day is considered to be the most auspicious day by astrologers.
- Sit facing the east direction and place the ring on a red cloth with some flowers and light an incense.
- Now, recite "Aum Bhaum Bhaumaya Namah Aum" or "Om Sri Saravanabhavaya Namah" mantra 108 times and wear the stone in ring finger of your right hand.
Clean the ring on regular basis in order to attain best astrological results. The stone has to be cleaned with soft hand, due to its delicate nature.
How to identify a real Red Coral?
Red Coral has an alluring appearance with good durability. It is a gift to humankind from the sea. This gemstone has an even texture and no blemishes are there on the surface. In order to identify a real red coral, following test can be followed:
- Rub a coral against a mirror, a real gem will not produce any sound whereas an ersatz will produce a heavy sound.
- Slowly drop hydrochloric acid on this gemstone, it will not react but will start bubbling heavily whereas an imitation will not be able to do so.
- Take some cow's milk and leave the coral into it. If the colour of milk starts turning red or pink, then it is real otherwise it is fake.
- Drop the gem into blood, blood will thicken around it.
How to identify a real Red Coral gemstone?
Differentiating between a real red coral and its imitation is a knotty task. In order to spread awareness among people, here are some of the tests which are helpful in differentiating between the original and fake one.
- Milk test of coral- Immerse the moonga stone into a glass half filled with milk. After a while, you'll notice the change in colour of milk from white towards red. This happens due to the radiation of gem and absorption of radiation by milk. But an imitation will not radiate red colour, hence, leaving leaving milk's colour unchanged.
- Wear and test- As we know, when bad health is about to knock at your door, coral's colour will start fading. And, as your health start showing positive results, the colour of stone becomes red. Now, wear the gemstone for a few days. It must be worn by following all the steps involved in process for great results. The colour of coral starts changing from light to dark or vice versa. then , it is an original gemstone otherwise it's an ersatz.
- Rubbing test- Rub the stone against a mirror. A heavy sound will be noticed if it is a fake coral. A real coral will not produce any sound. We can rub the gemstone and notice the sound that it brings.
- Magnifying glass test- Place the gem on a piece of white cloth and turn the lights on properly. On checking a coral from magnifying glass, a smooth and even surface will be seen. But an imitation will show small granules with the stone.
- Rubbing with turmeric test- Rub a coral with raw turmeric. The real red coral will change the colour of turmeric to red. But an ersatz will not affect the turmeric.
Genuine Gemstone Certification from OJAS
Want to buy a gemstone? Worried about its authenticity? Here are the answers to all your questions. OJAS provides you with a Genuine Gemstone Certification, so that you can be assured of its value. The certification vouches that no imitation is being delivered to you, and there is no compromisation with the quality of the ordered gemstone. This certificate will be 100% legitimate and the gemstone provided to you will be 100% original. In order to check its authenticity, you can get it checked wherever you wish to, you'll not be disappointed by the result. The gemstones offered by us are not synthesized into laboratory, these are acquired through natural means. To provide you with variety of shapes and sizes, these gemstones are processed in well equipped labs. These gemstones are available for our customers at cost effective rates.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल