Raksha Bandhan is one of the most important festival among Hindus. It will be marked on 7th of August in 2017. According to the Hindu Calendar, it is observed on Shravana Purnima, that is why, it is also known as Rakhi Purnima. In different regions of India, it is also known as Rakhi or Rakhri. Keep reading this article to gain more knowledge about this event...
Rakshabandhan is made from word 'Raksha' (Protection) and 'bandhan' (bond). Rakhi is a bond of protection. Therefore, sisters tie rakhi on wrist of right hand of brothers with a hope that this Rakhi protect their brothers from all types of demons and adverse incidents. All sisters and brothers vivaciously wait for this special festival, as this festival comes once in a year. Sisters are already busy in choosing best Rakhi in market for their sweet brothers. Rakshabandhan is a Hindu festival dedicated for eternal love or affection of brother and sister. Rakshabandhan is truly a wonderful festival that binds brother and sister in a knot of strong relations. This festival is very dear to sisters, as they tie sacred knot or Rakhi on wrist of their brothers and in return they get favourite gifts by their brothers. For sisters, rakhi is not just a silk-thread, but a sacred bond of enormous affection that they tie on wrist of their brothers with myriad wishes. Rakshabandhan is truly an occasion that brings nearness in brother and sister. No matter how far sister lives from her brother, but on the day of Rakshabandhan, she certainly reaches to knot the sacred thread on wrist of her brother.
On auspicious day of Rakshabandhan, siblings wake up early in the morning and get ready and wear new apparels. Sisters beautifully decorate their Rakhi thali with roli, raw rice, sweet, diya, and sacred thread keeping on it. Worshiping Lord Ganesha is prime tradition in Rakshabandhan. And thus, sisters offer first rakhi and heartily worship Lord Ganesha with wish that God will bestow them blessings. For delighting Lord Ganesha, Ganesh Vandana or Shlok can be recited. One popular Sanskrit Shlok for Ganapati is "Vakratunda Mahakay Surya Koti Samaprabha, Nirvighna Kuru Me Devah Sarv Karyeshu Sarvada". After reciting this shlok sisters happily tie first Rakhi to Lord Ganesha and pray for long life and good health for their brothers. They request Lord Ganesha to protect their brothers from any ill happening and from devils, and thus to give long happy life with full of prosperity. In short, sisters pray to Lord Ganesha for well being of their brothers. After worshipping Lord Ganesha, sisters go to their brothers with decorated puja or Rakhi thali. They take arti, offer tilak, tie Rakhi on wrist of right hand and then feed sweet to their brothers.
There is a traditional way of celebrating Raksha Bandhan. Girls tie Rakhi (silk thread) on the wrist of their brothers and in return brothers take vow of protecting them forever. Gifts are also given to all the sisters by their brothers and girls prepare food of their brother's choice in order to show their love and respect towards each other. In case the brother of any girl is married then the sister also ties a thread to her bhabhi.
Although Rakshabandhan is a traditional festival for Hindus, people still believe on sending sweet rakshabandhan sms to wish others. Written message best expresses your emotions. And this is why, many people send Rakshabandhan SMS to each other in modern time.
Mobile companies really earn good income through high usage of sms and mobile calls by users. Advertisers also get very good profit through advertising their products related to Rakhi during near days of Rakshabandhan. And above all, sweets and chocolates are sold in bulk quantities during Rakshabandhan that helps sweet and chocolate companies to earn handsome money. Hence, Rakshabandhan occasion is really a profitable day for many people.
Moreover, in India, Rakshabandhan is not just a festival day but a holy occasion that expresses true eternal love and respect o siblings. If sisters tie rakhi on wrist of their brothers, brothers also offer them wonderful gifts in return. Long time ago, Indrani tied this sacred knot to her husband Indra's wrist for providing protection from war of demons. Goddess Lakshmi tied Rakhi on wrist of Bali who returned her happiness. Yamuna tied this sacred knot on wrist of her brother Yama, who is Lord of the Death. Therefore, the ceremony of tying sacred knot or rakhi on wrist of brothers by their sisters has become tradition now.
With depth of heart may all brothers and sisters have wonderful and blessed Rakshabandhan..!
Read Other Zodiac Sign Horoscope 2017
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल