Rahu- A malefic shadowy planet adversely influences life
In Astrology, Rahu is considered to be a 'Node', 'Chayagrah or Shadowy planet which has a distinct, profound and predictable impact on human lives. Although Rahu is not an observable heavenly body with shape and size like other planets but has a strong influencing power. Rahu does not own any zodiac sign. In Hindu Mythology, Dragon's head represents Rahu. Rahu governs one's ego, anger, mentality, lust, and liquor-habit. Rahu also governs robbery, black magic, and awry activities of life. Adverse influence of Rahu can make one a completely brutal, and violent. Rahu is also significator for hidden money, gambling, fatality, and darkness. Rahu in one's natal chart with good position indicates a long journey. RahuKal or the time period under the influence of Rahu is very unsuspicious period and results acute negative events in life. Other evil act of Rahu that is often mentioned is that he swallows Sun and Moon and thus causes solar eclipses to spread darkness.
Myths about the Node Rahu 'A Dragon's head'
Rahu is said to be a demon and represents all characteristics shown by a dragon. Vedic mythologists believe that Rahu represents head of dragon snake. According to Puranas (Hindu ancient scriptures) Asuras (Demons) were in a war with devtas (deities) for the aim to get Amrit (nectar) during the Samundra Mandhan (churning of Ocean by two opposing armies-Deities and devils). Seeing this clash, Lord Vishnu came with an Avatar of 'Mohini' to mesmerize asuras for deviate their attentions from amrit and to keep nectar safe for devtas. But one dragon among asuras was quite a witty demon, he understood the intentions of lord Vishnu and other devtas, and noiselessly tried to drink amrit. But lord Vishnu caught him inhaling amrit and suddenly took out chakra (wheel-sized edge) to cut-off and depart his head from the body before the nectar could pass his throat. And, unfortunately that dragon was pieced in two parts-head and tail, head of the dragon was given a name "Rahu" and the other part was given a name "Ketu", and now they are immortal. Under the influence of Rahu Kaal one faces unfavorable occurrences in life, the best way is "Rahu Pooja" or chanting mantra of Rahu to control the negative effects of this nodal planet.
Astrological facts about Rahu
In Vedic Astrology, Rahu is the north-node of Moon or ascending lunar node, and hence he is a nodal planet. He is portrayed in art as a dragon with no body riding a chariot drawn by eight black horses. Rahu does not own any zodiac sign but can become lord of any house. Leo and Caner are unfriendly with Rahu.
Rahu indicates the paternal grandfather. Rahu also causes solar eclipses, if Rahu, Sun and Moon are in the same zodiacal longitude, solar eclipse takes place. And, he swallows Sun and Moon to cause darkness on earth due to eclipse.
Rahu is significator for all morally wrong things like gambling, stealing, and other poisonous acts. Rahu is significator for travel, death, snakes, night, missing things, gambling and hidden money.
Rahu makes one thought evil. Dissatisfaction in life, affections towards travelling in mountain and forest, dishonesty, cheating, and untruthfulness are some characteristics due to influence of Rahu. This node can cause imprisonment. If one express feeling for enjoying life at other's spending like living in a rented home, using car offered by office or etc. are because of the attribution of Rahu.
However, Rahu is influential in intensification of one's power and converting even an enemy into a friend. Further, westerners believe that Rahu is also benefic in nature.
Rahu's positions in different houses show different impacts
Rahu acts as a strong and influencing agent to the planet with which it is conjoined.
Rahu is said to be a benefic if he is conjoined with or aspected by the lords of
beneficial houses or occupy good positions with other seven planets. Rahu can also
become the reason for death. Let's have a look what kind of influence Rahu denotes
when comes in connections with twelve different houses:-
Rahu in 1: If Rahu occupies house 1 in one's birth chart, it signifies that the person will have a diseased or unhealthy child.
Rahu in 2: If Rahu takes house 2, unfavorable things happen like children loss, involvement in disputes, and other unexpected things. Person can have more than one wife if Rahu occupies house number 2 in his chart.
Rahu in 3: It denotes plenty availability of food-stuffs, and great interest in Agriculture.
Rahu in 4: Denotes suspicious mind, and unreliability.
Rahu in 5: It signifies desperate evil activities. Person may live in pathetic condition. Also, it is hazardous for children.
Rahu in 6: Person will enjoy life.
Rahu in 7: It affects Person's health and makes him arrogant. Rahu in house number 7 also denotes two wives in life.
Rahu in 8: The person will always be confused, worried, depressed, aimless, and unhealthy.
Rahu in 9: Person will be born in lower cast. He will enjoy all comforts of the material world, but will dislike his parents.
Rahu in 10: If Rahu occupies house number 10, the person will be impious, and may like company of widows.
Rahu in 11: It denotes success, achievements, and abundant wealth and property.
Rahu in 12: The person will have a sight problem, he can be a liar, unprincipled-man and sinner.
Concluding it, Rahu is a malefic planet in Vedic Astrology, but westerners call it a benefic planet also. Rahu in one's birth-chart mostly shows adverse results. Many knowledgeable astrologers also consider 'Rahu transit' very consciously.
Planets in Astrology
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल