Pitru Paksha 2017: Remedy of Pitru Dosha
Pitru Paksha in 2017 is going to begin from 5 September and end on 19 September. People suffering from Pitra Dosh are going to get rid of their troubles by following some measures on Pitru Paksha. Don't know about Pitr Paksha and Pitru Dosha? Don't worry you will get to know all about them here.
What is Pitru Paksha?
Pitru Paksha is the time when you pay tribute your dead ancestors. Certain measures are followed to pay tribute and this pleases their souls. After getting pleased by the deeds of their children, ancestors bless them which help people living a trouble free life.
What is Pitru Dosha?
People who don't follow the rituals of Pitru Paksha suffer from the curse of their dead ancestors which is called Pitru Dosha. The rituals performed during Pitru Paksha are known as Shraddha.
About Pitru Paksha
Pitru Paksha is the time to perform Shraddha and Tarpan in the name of departed souls of dead ancestors, parents and relatives. Shraddha and Tarpan are usually performed on the New Moon days of the year, but it becomes more special during Pitru Paksha. In some regions, the period of Pitru Paksha in Bhadrapada Krishna Paksha.
Pitru Paksha 2017 Dates
- 05 September 2017: Purnima Shradh
- 06 September 2017: Pratipada Shraddha
- 07 September 2017: Dwitiya Shraddha
- 08 September 2017: Tritiya Shradh /Chaturthi Shradh
- 09 September 2017: Panchami Shraddha
- 10 September 2017: Shashthi Shradh
- 11 September 2017: Saptami Shraddha
- 12 September 2017: Ashtami Shradh
- 13 September 2017: Navami Shradh
- 14 September 2017: Dashami Shradh
- 15 September 2017: Ekadashi Shradha
- 16 September 2017: Dwadashi Shradha
- 17 October 2017: Trayodashi Shradh
- 18 October 2017: Chaturdashi Shraddha
- 19 October 2017: Pitru Amavasya Shradh
Shraddha - Relief the Craving Souls of Your Ancestors
The Vedic Scriptures of Hindus depict that every one of us is indebted to our ancestors.
Shradh is the way of paying tribute and homage to the souls of ancestors for earning
According to holy Hindu scriptures, at the time of Pitr Paksha, souls of ancestors visit Earth leaving their abode of Yama. They come here for a special reason. It is to take the rites from their descendants. In case the ancestor has reborn somewhere then his life will become better in new life if his previous descendants will keep on performing Shraddha.
As per Hindu tradition, the death of a person is followed by a 13 day ritual and on the 13th day a ritual of 'Tehravi' or 'Sapindi' is performed. After this ritual it becomes necessary to perform Pitru Paksha of the dead person by his descendants. If people don't follow the ritual of Pitru Paksha, they suffer from the curse of the dead souls of their dead ancestors. Negative vibration starts revolving around their life. The growth and development ceases. Health and finance related issues arise. It doesn't happen always, only it happens in certain cases. Here we will also tell you the reasons behind these certain cases.
Causes of Pitru Dosha
During this Pitru Paksha, one should also know the cause of Pitru Dosha. Pitru Dosha only occurs when the soul of ancestor is not in peace. It happens due to the following reasons:
- Unfulfilled desires of life stay attached with the soul.
- Soul in wandering due to untimely death.
- Bad deeds of children, intentionally or unintentionally.
- Bad deeds of life, intentionally or unintentionally.
Reasons could be many, but the main thing is that their soul is not in peace.
How to Identify Pitru Dosha?
Pitru Dosha can be found via Astrology. It reflects in the birth chart of the individual. However, it is not possible for everyone to read their birth charts or get them read by an Astrologer. Hence, here we are mentioning certain problems associated with Pitru Dosha:
- Problem in conceiving.
- Continuous illness of children.
- Continuous miscarriage.
- Quarrels in family without any reason.
- Hurdles in education and professional growth.
You may follow the following remedies for Shraddha to get rid of Pitra Dosha.
Remedies for Pitru Dosha
- Feed cows and fishes every Sunday with balls made of rice and Ghee.
- Serve poor, beggars and elderly people.
- Worship Lord Vishnu. It is the most effective remedy.
- Perform Kanyadaan of a Brahmin Kanya.
- Perform Rudra Abhishek in the name of Kul.
This was all brief on Pitru Dosha in Pitru Paksha. With this, we hope you will make your life free form troubles.