Mercury Retrograde 2019: When is Mercury Retrograde this year?
Wondering how Mercury Retrograde 2019 will affect your life? Know how to protect yourself from Mercury Retrograde in summer 2019. Mercury Retrograde is a tough period for everyone, know how to make it better for you? Find out here!
Mercury Retrograde 2019: What is Mercury Retrograde?
Mercury Retrograde 2019: The retrograde motion of the planet Mercury refers to its backward motion. As per astronomy, all the planets move around the Sun. But from an astrological point of view, the planetary movement is considered by taking the Earth as a point of reference.
No planet actually moves backwards but its relative motion as viewed from the Earth may seem to be in the opposite direction. Thus, when the planet Mercury moves in a backward motion relative to the Earth's movement, the phenomenon is known as Mercury Retrograde.
Mercury Retrograde 2019: Effects of Mercury Retrograde in the Birth Chart
The Retrograde motion of Mercury affects all the 12 houses, each in a different way. For some, it may pan out to be beneficial, while for others it may not. The effects of Mercury’s Retrograde motion in different houses of the birth chart are given below:
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the first house
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the second house
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the third house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the fourth house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the fifth house
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the sixth house
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the seventh house
- Mercury Retrograde 2019 in the eighth house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the ninth house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the tenth house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the eleventh house
- Mercury retrograde 2019 in the twelfth house
Zodiac Signs Affected by Mercury Retrograde in 2019?
The Zodiac Belt has been divided into 4 types of signs- Fire Signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius), Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn), Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius) and Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces). The effects of Mercury Retrograde on these 4 types of Signs have been given below:
- Fire Signs
- Earth Signs
- Air Signs
- Water Signs
The retrograde motion of Mercury in the Water Signs may lead to a turmoil of emotions.
Mercury Retrograde 2019 Dates & Timings
During the year 2019, the planet Mercury will retrograde three times.
|Date||Time||End Date||End Time||Total Retrograde Period|
|March 5, 2019 (Tuesday)||11:49||March 28, 2019 (Thursday)||07: 29||23 Days|
|July 08, 2019 (Monday)||04:45||August 01, 2019 (Thursday)||09:28||25 Days|
|October 31, 2019 (Thursday)||21:11||November 21, 2019 (Thursday)||00:41||21 Days|
Note: The above-given timings are according to New Delhi.
Do’s and Don’ts During Mercury Retrograde 2019
Mercury retrograde 2019 period is quite important in Vedic Astrology. If you want to make the best of this period, there are certain things that you should do during this period. On the other hand, some activities may pan out to be disastrous if you do them during Mercury Retrograde. To make it easy for you, we have listed them as follows:
What you should ‘Do’ during Mercury Retrograde 2019?
- Mercury Retrograde is a good time to reflect back and reconsider the things that you have been doing all the way long.
- Learning from your experiences is something that should be on your to-do list during Mercury Retrograde.
- Your intuition will be at its best and you will have an out of the box thinking owing to the retrograde motion of Mercury. You should make the best use of these skills during this time.
- Adopting new Mantras will be easy for you during this period as your grasping power for Mantras will be on the rise.
- You can try to analyse what obstacles have been crossing your path to success.
- If you have some issues with someone, you can choose this time to sweep them under the carpet and reconcile.
What you should ‘Not’ do during Mercury Retrograde 2019?
- Mercury Retrograde is not a good time for carrying out new agreements. Therefore, they should be avoided.
- Undertaking new projects during this period should also be avoided, unless necessary. Instead, you should focus on the existing work and tasks that they have.
- During Mercury Retrograde period, one should not set their foot on a journey.
- You should not start any construction work and also stay away from shifting into a new home.
- Avoid shopping during the period of Mercury Retrograde. It is likely that you will face losses if you buy new things during this period.
- You should not invest your hard earned money during this period.
- Fixing electronic items or vehicles during this period is not favourable and hence, should be avoided. Keep away from installing any electronic gadgets as well.
- Changing jobs or taking major decisions regarding your profession should be avoided as they may turn out to be unfavourable for you.
Mercury Retrograde 2019: Significance of Mercury Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde 2019 is an important phenomenon that has a significant impact on our lives. Generally, people hold the misconception that Mercury Retrograde is bad for them. It is to be kept in mind that not every retrograde is bad and also the fact should be remembered that the phenomenon yields different results for everyone.
Mercury Retrograde has positive as well as negative effects. These are determined by keeping in mind several important factors like Mercury’s relationship and position with respect to other planets. Mercury is known to change its nature according to the planets it is with. It behaves as an auspicious planet if it is placed with any auspicious planet like Jupiter, whereas it gains the malefic characteristics of the malefic planet if it is placed with it. The same is applicable during its retrograde motion as well.
During its retrograde motion, Mercury tends to become stronger and closer to the Earth. Thus, its impacts increase multifold. During the Mercury Retrograde, the speaking skills, thinking abilities, and intellectual level of a person are affected. The impacts of Mercury Retrograde on a person's life majorly depend upon the position of Mercury in the person's birth chart.
When the planet Mercury appears to move in a backward motion in Mercury Retrograde (2019), the phenomenon is known as Mercury retrograde. To unveil the different facets of Mercury retrograde, we need to know about the planet Mercury and its effects on our lives.
Mercury is the fastest moving planet and thus, completes its journey in the 12 Zodiac Signs faster than the other planets. Because of its speed, it shows transit, direct or retrograde motion more frequently than other planets. It generally retrogrades three to four times during a year.
Mercury is the fastest moving planet out of the nine planets (Navagraha). The planet represents one's intelligence and communication skills. It is the closest planet to the luminary Sun and is often deemed as the prince of the celestial cabinet. It is also known as the messenger, meaning one who conveys the message. Thus, Mercury signifies the power of communication and speech of a person.
While a benefic Mercury bestows upon a person the power of charismatic speech, a malefic Mercury hampers the communication skills of the concerned individual. Mercury also represents the intelligence of a person. A benefic Mercury helps the native to be clever in their way of doing things, while a malefic Mercury yields the opposite results.
Mercury is also regarded as the planet responsible for bestowing diplomatic skills. Mercury itself is a dual-natured planet and tends to take the characteristics of whatever planet it is placed with. Mercury gets exalted in the Zodiac Sign Virgo and debilitated in Pisces. It rules two Zodiac Signs- Gemini and Virgo and governs the day Wednesday.
The planet Mercury does not become retrograde in a blink of an eye. First of all, it starts slowing down while moving in the forward direction, after which it becomes stationary. After being stationary for some time, it finally starts to move backwards beginning the Mercury Retrograde, the timing of which are given in the table above.
Mercury Retrograde ends when the planet Mercury becomes progressive. During its progressive motion, it returns back to its normal motion i.e. forward motion. When the motion changes from backward to forward, it marks the end of the retrograde period.
After knowing what a Mercury Retrograde is and how it may affect your life, it will be easier for you to make the best out of the Mercury Retrograde 2019. Adhere to the Do’s and Don'ts so that this celestial phenomenon pans out to be phenomenal for you!