Coronavirus: stay at home Leave your home if it's necessary. It will help stop the spread of novel coronavirus & COVID-19
Maha Kumbh Mela 2013 Dates
Kumbh Mela in 2013 is going to begin from 27th of January and end at February 25th. Each day of this long festival of Kumbha Mela has its own glory. However, few of them are really significant. Over that, Kumbh Mela 2013 is Maha Kumbh Mela. Dates of important Kumbh Mela days are given below.
Maha Kumbh mela 2013 Maha Snan Dates - 2013 Shahi Snan
14th of January 2013, Sunday - Makar Sankranti
27th of January 2013, Sunday - Paush Purnima
6th of February 2013, Wednesday - Ekadashi Snan
10th of February 2013, Sunday - Mauni Amawasya Snan (Maha Snan)
15th of February 2013, Friday - Basant Panchami Snan
17th of February 2013, Sunday - Rath Saptami Snan
18th of February 2013, Monday - Bhishma Ashtami Snan
25th of February 2013, Monday - Maghi Purnima Snan
In these dates, bath of 14th January is not included in the festival of Maha Kumbh. 14th January 2013 is the day of Makar Sankranti and as this day is quite pious as well as comes immediately before the beginning of Kumbh Mela considered as an important part of Kumbh Mela festive season.
Further, 10th of February 2013 is going to be the main day of Kumbh mela, hence people will go for Maha Snan on this day.
Day of Purnima (full Moon) has special significance during the festival of Kumbh Mela and hence taking bath on these days is considered to be really fruitful. Lets' now know in detail about the importance of each day.
Significance of Each Important Kumbha Mela Snan Day
- Makar Sankranti - It is believed that taking bath on this day in a holy river like Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Krishna and Kaveri helps in fetching immense wishes of Almighty.
- Paush Purnima - This is the day of full Moon night in the Hindu month of Paush. And, this is considered as the last full Moon of the winter season. Hence this day holds a special significance. A huge mass of people visit Kumbh Mela on this day.
- Mauni Amavasya Snan - This is the main bathing day of Kumbh Mela festival, hence it holds special significance. Due to the high spiritual significance of this day, many people get their first initiation on this day.
- Basant Panchami Snan - This is the fifth day of the bright half of the lunar month. Day of Basant Panchami has special significance because it is the beginning of the spring in North India.
- Rath Saptami Snan - This is the seventh day of the bright fortnight of the Hindu month Magh from traditional Hindu calendar.
- Bhishma Ekadasi Snan - This day has its special significance because on this day the wisest and righteous person of Kuru dynasty, Bhishma Pitamaha explained the glory of Lord Krishna via Sri Vishnu Sahasranama to Yudhishthira, who was the oldest brother of Pandavas.
Knowing the important days of Maha Kumbh Mela 2013 will enable you to get yourself prepared in advance for the upcoming fruitful time. Kumbh Mela is considered as the most auspicious time, one should never leave the beautiful chance of visiting Kumbh Mela. Maha Kumbha come after a time span of 144 years and everybody is not so lucky to experience it. However, we are the lucky ones, who are going to experience once in 144 years, Maha Kumbha!
So, don't miss this incredible time and plan out your trip to a holy river bank and be a part of this grand festival of Kumbh Mela.
About Kumbh Mela
Kumbh Mela is a Hindu spiritual fair which is organized after some period of time. The Kumbh mela is organised in four cities only because of some religious significance. Reason behind organizing this fair near river bank is that this day is considered really pious to take shower in a holy river.
Festival of Kumbh Mela has been billed as the biggest spiritual gathering in the entire world. Last time when festival of Purna Kumbh Mela took place was 2001, at that time approximately 40 million people gathered at Allahabad on main bathing day. This broke the world record of biggest human gathering.
This was all about main Kumbha Mela, whereas a smaller form of Kumbh Mela is celebrated in every six years. The main Kumbh Mela is known as 'Purna Kumbh Mela' and smaller one is 'Ardh Kumbh Mela', 'Ardh' is a Sanskrit word, which means half. Ardh Kumbha Mela is organized at Haridwar and Allahabad, whereas Purna Kumbha Mela is organized at four places Haridwar, Allahabad, Nasik and Ujjain.
Apart from this, there is another form of Kumbha Mela, which is known as 'Maha Kumbh Mela'. It comes after the completion of 12 Purna Kumbh Melas, or say after the time span of 144 years.
As per the estimation made by Mela administration, in 2007, the festival of Kumbh Mela at Allahabad was attended by approximately 70 million people.
According to the calculations, Kumbha Mela that is going to be held in 2013 is Maha Kumbh Mela. Therefore, this time all the estimations are going to break down and Maha Kumbh 2013 will create a history for mass gathering in a spiritual event. Undoubtedly, Kumbh Mela is always famous for huge crowd and missing of people. Even many Bollywood movies have picturized the scene where twins get apart during Kumbh Mela and meet after a long span of time, or sometimes again in Kumbh. Indeed Kumbh is an incredible experience, and it is quite adventurous too, especially when you go with family. We hope that there would be more planning and security in this event as compared to before, as it is Maha Kumbh which is coming after 144 years.
This was a brief description about Maha Kumbh Mela 2013. For more information, stay tuned to AstroSage. With this article of Kumbha Mela 2013, we hope you utilize the best of this time to get blessed.