It is believed that Surya has been worshipped since ages to receive the kind blessings
of God. Surya is considered as the only visible form of God that can be seen every
day. God Surya is regarded as an aspect of Shiva and Vishnu by Shaivites and Vaishnavas
respectively. Surya is also known as Surya Narayana. Surya, the Sun God is also
acknowledged as one of the eight forms of Lord Shiva (Astamurti). Surya is the lord
of excellence and wisdom. Sun is also considered to be the kind of planets. Surya
represents soul, will-power, fame, the eyes, general vitality, courage, kingship,
father, highly placed persons and authority etc. Let us have a look at the remedies
for Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun:
- Worship the ruling deity Lord Surya
- Recite Aditya Hridaya Stotra or Gayatri Mantra every day.
- Japa of Sun's moola mantra: "Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah", 6000 times
in 40 days.
- Recite the Soorya Stotra.
- Charity: Donate wheat or sugar candy on Sunday.
- Observe fasts on Sundays.
- Ritual: Rudrabhishek.
- Rudraksha: Put on Ekamukhi or 12 mukhi Rudraksha - Buy now
- Jadi for Sun: Bel (बेल), Bent (बेंत) - Buy now
- Gemstone: Ruby - Buy now