Vara Lakshmi Vratham 2017: Venerate The Goddess Of Wealth
Varalakshmi Vratham in 2017 date is August 4. Vara Laxmi Vratham is observed by married women to commemorate Goddess Lakshmi. Read more about Varalakshmi Vratam.
Vara Lakshmi Vratham is the festival celebrated to commemorate Goddess Lakshmi, the consort of Lord Vishnu. Goddess Laxmi is the Varalakshmi, the one who grants the boon 'Var'. The festival is extensively celebrated in the southern regions of India. The festival of Varalaxmi Vratam is gloriously celebrated in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The Vara Lakshmi Vratham is celebrated on the second Friday of the Shravan month as per the Hindu calendar. The Shravan month corresponds to the months of July and August as per English calendar. The festival Varalaxmi Vratam is celebrated by the married women for the welfare of the family members, especially the husband. The festival is also celebrated to get a child as per the wishes of the mother. In this article you can know more about the history and mythology of the Vara Lakshmi Vratham.
Varalakshmi Vratham Muhurat in 2017
- Simha Lagna Puja Muhurat : 07:00 to 09:03
- Lagna Puja Muhurat : 13:11 to 15:23
- Kumbha Lagna Puja Muhurat : 19:23 to 21:05
- Vrishabha Lagna Puja Muhurat : 24:33+ to 26:35+
History Behind The Vara Lakshmi Vratham
While celebrating Vara Lakshmi Vratham, it is a good idea to know the legend behind it. Once there was a Brahmin woman who lived in the Kingdom of Magadha. Her name was Charumathi. She lived in a small village of Kundina. She lived there with her husband. She was devoted to her family to a great extent. Goddess Lakshmi was impressed by her devotion and appeared in her dream one night. She asked Charumathi to worship Varalakshmi and seek blessings to fulfill all of her wishes. Varalaxmi is another form of Goddess Lakshmi, the consort of Lord Vishnu. Goddess Laxmi is the Goddess of wealth. The Goddess prescribed her to fast on Friday of the month Shravan, preceding the full Moon night.
Charumathi narrated her dream to her family and everyone encouraged her to perform the Pooja. Many other women in the village also joined her in Pooja. They performed the Pooja with utmost devotion and heart.
The Story Behind Vara Lakshmi Vratham
Once, Parvati and Parameshwara were playing the game of chess. Parvati was winning each game consecutively, but it is believed that Parameshwara was deliberately claiming to win the game in order to increase the curiosity of Parvati.
Parvati decided have an umpire, and for this purpose, Chitranemi was chosen. He was the creation of Parameshwara. He took the side of Parameshwara and this magnified Parvati's anger. She cursed Chitranemi that he would become a leper as he has discharged his duties in an unjust manner.
Chitranemi begged Parvati to relieve him of the curse. She said that he can only get rid of the curse if he observes that Vara Lakshmi Vratham. By doing this, Chitranemi got rid of this disease.
The Vara Lakshmi Vratham is a popular festival of the southern India. It is celebrated mostly in the southern states such as Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and others. On the occasion of Varalakshmi Vrat, women will observe fast. The preparations for the festivals start a day before. Women take bath early morning and worship Goddess Lakshmi with utmost devotion. They worship for the well being of their husbands and children along with the entire family.
The Significance Of Vara Lakshmi Vratham
In total, there are eight forces of energy. The eight forces are wealth, earth, learning, fame, peace, pleasure and strength. They are collectively called as Ashta Lakshmi or eight Lakshmi. These eight forces are worshipped as lakshmi, as the eight abstract forces cannot be identified, so they are personified as goddess lakshmi. It is Goddess Lakshmi who is known as the Varalakshmi and the Vara Laxmi Vratam is also celebrated in her honor. Goddess Laxmi is a woman and it is believed that only a woman can understand the feelings of a woman. Therefore, this is a festival of women and is celebrated and observed mainly by the women. The festival of Varalaxmi Vratam is celebrated by women in order to invoke the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi to be showered on the husbands and children of these women.
Celebrate the Vara Lakshmi Vratham with sheer joy and enthusiasm to get the blessings of Varalakshmi. Happy Varalaxmi Vratham..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल