Kamika Ekadashi 2017: Eradicate Sins & Attain Salvation!
The pious day of Kamika Ekadashi in 2017 is on July 19. The Ekadashi that removes your sins and helps in attaining salvation is named as Kamika Ekadasi. Read on to know more about Kamika Ekadashi..
Kamika Ekadashi 2017
The Ekadashi that occurs in the dark fortnight (Krishna Paksha) of the Hindu month Shravana is called the Kamika Ekadashi. It is said that if someone keeps the Kamika Ekadashi Vrat (fast) receives immense benefits and gets relieved from the sins. Hence, keep the fast of Kamika Ekadasi and be the one to attain purity in heart.
Lord Vishnu is worshiped on Kamika Ekadashi. If a person observes fast on the day of Kamika Ekadashi, he/she gets free from the sins committed. The Kamika Ekadasi is the one that fulfills the desires of the devotees. Kamika Ekadashi give auspicious results to the devotees.
Kamika Ekadashi: Significance Of The Day
The significance of Kamika Ekadashi should also be known before you keep the Kamika Ekadashi Vrat. This will help all to observe the Kamika Ekadasi with even more dedication. Let's see the significance of this Ekadasi.
Kamika Ekadashi holds a lot of significance, as it is considered to be as auspicious as conducting Ashwamedha Yagya. If someone worships Lord Vishnu on the day of Kamika Ekadasi, the person gets free from Pitru Dosha. Also, Kamika Ekadashi helps a person to get salvation. If someone worships Lord Vishnu with Tulsi leaves, he/she gets rid of all the sins. As per one of the beliefs, if someone worships Lord Vishnu in the Shravan month, he/she gets blessed and gets significant benefits, by the grace of Lord Vishnu.
Hence, by knowing all these significant facts of Kamika Ekadasi, we are hopeful that you would not miss the Kamika Ekadashi fast and get the maximum outcomes from Kamika Ekadasi.
Legend Of Kamika Ekadashi
As per the legend, there used to be a landlord who was quite short tempered. Once, he had a fight with a Brahmin (priest) and out of anger, the landlord killed the priest. But, as soon as landlord's anger came down, he realized the mistake that he committed. Hence, to regret and correct his mistake, he wanted to be the part of cremation rituals of the Brahmin. But, all the people denied his entry in any of the rituals. He got cursed, as he committed the sin of killing a priest.
Once, the landlord met a saint and asked the saint for a solution to get rid of the sin he has committed. The saint told him to keep the Kamika Ekadashi fast. The landlord kept the Vrat and while he was worshiping Lord Vishnu's idol, he slept near it. Lord Vishnu came in landlord's dream and told him that he would set him free from the sin of killing the priest. Thus, the landlord got free from all the sins, by grace of Lord Vishnu.
Kamika Ekadashi: Rituals Of The Day
If you are going to observe the Kamika Ekadasi fast, follow the rituals as mentioned below and receive Lord Vishnu's blessings. As the part of the rituals, the one who observes the Vrat, wakes up early in the morning by reciting the prayer of Lord Vishnu.
Also, one should not consume water, while observing the fast. The one who observes the Kamika Ekadashi Vrat, should worship Lord Vishnu by offering sesame seeds, milk, flowers, and fruits. Taking bath at the pilgrimage is considered sacred on the day of Kamika Ekadashi. Feeding the priests or donating money is also a part of the rituals of the Kamika Ekadashi fast.
Hopefully, all this information on Kamika Ekadashi will help you pleasing Lord Vishnu and you may get free from all sins, by his blessings. Observe all the rituals with faith in Lord Vishnu, on Kamika Ekadasi and attain salvation.
AstroSage wishes you a blessed Kamika Ekadashi..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Weekly Horoscope (12 - 18 August 2019)
- Amit Shah’s Kundli Reveals His Luck Factor
- ARTICLE 370 & JAMMU KASHMIR: ASTROLOGY REVEALS THE FATE OF J&K
- HIMA DAS IN OLYMPICS 2020: WILL DHING EXPRESS WIN ANOTHER GOLD?
- WILL M.S. DHONI RETIRE THIS YEAR? ASTROLOGY REVEALS IT ALL!
- HEART DISEASES: YOUR BIRTH CHART MAY BE RESPONSIBLE!
- TUBERCULOSIS: DISCOVER THE ASTROLOGICAL REASONS AND REMEDIES FOR T.B.
- Movie Review: John Abraham’s Batla House Creates A Patriotic Buzz
- Movie Review: Will Jabariya Jodi Weave Its Magic At the Box Office?
- Retrograde Mercury Transited in Gemini!
- Venus Transiting in Cancer Today, Know Its Impact
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल (12 से 18 अगस्त, 2019)
- अश्वत्थ मारुती पूजन आज, जानें हिन्दू धर्म में आज का दिन क्यों है ख़ास
- अशून्य शयन व्रत आज: जानें मुहूर्त, पूजा विधि और ज़रूरी नियम !
- शनिवार के दिन करें ये ख़ास उपाय, मिलेगी तरक्की और समृद्धि !
- ‘ढिंग एक्सप्रेस’ हिमा दास ओलंपिक 2020 में भी बनेगी गोल्डन गर्ल?
- संक्रांति विशेष: जानें सूर्य और शनि ग्रह क्यों हैं एक-दूसरे के शत्रु
- पूजा के लिए भूलकर भी ना करें स्टील के बर्तनों का प्रयोग, जानें आखिर क्या है वजह !
- शुक्रवार विशेष: माता लक्ष्मी की कृपा पाने के लिए अवश्य करें ये काम
- ग्रह दशा बिगड़ने से भी हो सकते हैं आप टी.बी रोग के शिकार
- मधुमेह के ज्योतिषीय कारण और उपाय !