Chhath Puja 2017
Chhath Puja in 2017 will be celebrated from 24th of October to October 27th. Chhat puja is a festival that is celebrated in the honor of the Sun. Sun, worshipped as a deity by Hindus is a strong source of life on Earth and therefore, Chhath puja is organized to gratify Sun. This four day long festival is a perfect blend of unique rituals, mesmerizing mythology and faith of lacs of people in God. People from the regions like Bihar, Jharkhand and Eastern UP are deeply involved in the celebrations of Chhath Puja. Some others cities and states also celebrate the festival of Chhath Puja but the celebrations of earlier mentioned places are unmatchable. The day for the Chhat puja is always the sixth day of the month Kartik that are usually October and November.
Rituals and celebrations of Chhat Pooja
While celebrating Chhath Puja in 2017, it is a good idea to know the rituals of this festival. The very main purpose of the rituals and celebrations of Chhath pooja is to offer prayer to the rising and the setting sun to show gratitude toward the Lord Sun. People with the medium of Chhath Puja, thank lord Sun as he has sustained life on earth. Different rituals are carried and performed in the respect of the cycle of life. All the four days of the Chhath Puja contain different ritual and is dedicated to different purposes.
Nahai Khai is the first day of Chhath puja which includes bathing in a holy river or any other water body and then having food that is cooked with the water of that particular river. The rituals performed on this very day contribute to the first day of the Chhath puja. People prepare different dishes to offer to the Almighty and Lord Sun as Prasad and then distribute it to all the other people. One must go for bathing in the river at the time of exact sunrise.
The second day of the Chhath puja is known as Kharna. It is not the actual day of Chhath Puja but even then it holds great religious importance as the fast of 36 hours begins with this itself. People do not even take water in that period of time. This ritual consists of fasting for the whole day and then having food after the sunset. On this day different offerings are prepared as Prasad to eat and also to distribute among the people.
On the 3rd day of the festival Chhath puja, the actual chhath puja is organized. All the people happily offer their prayers to the settling sun and enjoy the prayers in their own way. Get together of the people and the regional dance and songs increases the beauty of the festival. Along with the lord Sun a Goddess named Chhathi maiya is also worshipped by many people. These people not only perform the rituals to complete the festival but their devotion can be seen in their eyes and can be heard in the songs that they sing.
These rituals are undertaken by all the regions that celebrate Chhath Puja but some regions also perform a ritual called 'kosi'. Kosi includes lighting up of earthen and placing them under the canopy made of Sugar cane sticks.
The motive of the Chhath Puja is to celebrate life on earth that is possible because of the kindness of Lord Sun. The 4th and the last day of the Chhath puja is purely dedicated to rising Sun. People in large group gather at any river bank before sunrise to worship the rising sun. With the prayers offered to rising sun they open up their 36 hours long fast and complete the occasion of Chhath puja with faith.
Performing the rituals of chhath puja is not a child's play. One needs to be highly dedicated and should have immense faith in the festival. All the people who celebrate Chhath puja sleep on floor with a single blanket for four consecutive days and also refrain themselves from non vegetarian food.
With the four day period of Chhath Puja people indulge themselves in the service of divine power. These people find profound happiness in serving the Lord Sun and thanking the cycle of life existing by his grace. Realizing the fact that nothing would have been possible without sustained life on earth; people worship lord Sun with genuine feeling of gratitude. Wish you a very Happy Chhath Puja..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!