Kartik Purnima 2017 - Karthik Poornima
Kartik Purnima : Purest Time of Auspicious Kartik Month
Kartik Purnima 2017 will be observed on the 04th November as per the North Indian calendar. Karthik Purnima marks the end of a divine month of Kartik which as per the Hindu lunar calendar is the eighth month of the year. Karthik month 2017 will begin on 6th October to end on the full Moon of 04th November. While, as per Amavasyant calendar, Kartik month 2017 will begin from 4th November and end on 2nd December. The sacred month of Kartik is celebrated with great enthusiasm and devotion in different parts of the country. Devotees flock the temples and take the holy bath in river as a symbol of washing off their sins. The month long celebration also marks fasting by the devotees and performing special Pooja. The Mondays of this month hold special meaning as they are dedicated to the Lord Shiva.
Karthik Purnima : A Month of Sadhana
Kartik Poornima is celebrated with great zeal. Devotees worship Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu as it is believed that they come to visit Earth in this month. Further, it is also believed that Lord Vishnu sleeps on Ashadha Shuddha Ekadashi, only to wake up on Karthika Suddha Ekadashi. The significance of this month lies in the fact that it comes under the Dakshinayana, which is considered as the most sacred month, suited for Sadhana.
Sadhana is considered a way to attain salvation and liberation from the worldly chores. Dakshinayana is a period of 6 months between Summer solstice and Winter solstice. During this period the Sun travels toward the Southern hemisphere on the celestial sphere. A Holy lamp (Diya) is lit at the entrance of the house with the Tulsi (Basil) plant before sunrise and sunset on each day of this month. Temples across the country light a Diya (Akasa Deepam) and put it on top of the temple so that it is seen from distance by the maximum number of people. Kartik Purnima also marks the celestial marriage of Devi Tulsi (Holy plant) and Shaligram Shila(sacred stone). All the major festivals like Diwali are celebrated in this divine month. Donations made on Kartik Purnima are considered to be equivalent to hundred Ashwamedha Yagnas. On this day non-violence is strictly observed and hair cutting, shaving, cutting crops and plucking flowers are prohibited.
Also, it is considered auspicious to take a Holy dip in the river as it cleanses the soul and body. The river water is considered pure in this month as it has received fresh water during the rainy season. Karthik month comes in the Sharad Ritu (Winter Season), and it is believed that Moon during this time bears special healing power. This healing power of the Moon is absorbed by the rivers during this period which makes the water sacred and healing for a Holy dip. To enjoy the Holy dip, we must close our nose with both the thumbs and ears with our middle fingers and take a dip into the river. The holy bath symbolizes washing away all our evils and unburdening our soul to head for a fresh start. This month marks the worship of both Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu and signifies that they are eventually one.
Kartik Purnima Rituals: Symbolic or Practical
While celebrating Kartik Purnima, it is a good idea to know about rituals related to this festival. As we observe each ritual we see that these rituals do not just carry a symbolic importance but are practically very useful in our lives in this age. So, we should make sure that we don't write off our traditions at the beginning, instead we should study them logically and come up with explanations for all our beliefs or rather disbeliefs. We should encourage everyone to understand our culture and follow rituals that can make our life comfortable and easier. The divine month of Karthik gives us an opportunity to wash off the dirt of sins that we have collected during our journey called life. Like every year, this Karthik Pooja will also encourage us to free ourselves from all our sins. We must take some time off to understand the Almighty and various ways through which we can reach him. At the end, we hope you found the article enriching and informative. We wish all our readers a very happy and prosperous Kartik Purnima...
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!