Hartalika Teej 2017 Date - Hartalika Vrat
Hartalika Teej in 2017 is going to be celebrated on 24th of August 2017. Festival of Hartalika Teej is dedicated to Goddess Parvati. People celebrate this festival to get blessings of Maa Parvati to have a spouse like Shiva-Parvati. Mostly women celebrate this festival to get a husband like Lord Shiva and if they are already married then they pray for the long life of their husband.
About Hartalika Teej 2017
While celebrating Hartalika Teej, it is a good idea to know what is Hartalika Teej. Hartalika Teej is the generally celebrated in North India. People from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar celebrate this festival with great zeal and gusto. Festival of Hartalika Teej is dedicated to Maa Hartalika, who is none other than Goddess Parvati. Hartalika Teej is celebrated to commemorate the day when Lord Shiva accepted the love of Parvati.
Hartalika Teej is celebrated at the end of the Hindu month Sawan, which is also the beginning of 'Bhadrapada' also known as 'Bhado'. According to traditional Hindu lunar calendar, festival of Hartalika Teej falls on the third day of the fortnight in the Bhadrapad month. If considered from Gregorian calendar, Hindu month Bhado falls between August to September. Most of the time, Hartalika Teej falls at the beginning of the month September.
Legend Behind Hartalika Teej
Hartalika Vrat holds a special significance for you if you know the legend behind this beautiful festival. According to the Hindu mythology, Maa Parvati was in love with Lord Shiva. However, he was an ascetic and had no interest in worldly stuff. Goddess Parvati decided to put all her efforts to make Shiva know about her love for him. She did a tough penance of thousands of years in Himalayas. Finally, Lord Shiva noticed the Goddess and realizing her love, he married her. Since then, Goddess Parvati is being worshipped as Hartalika and Teej Mata.
Hartalika Teej & Hartalika Vrat Celebration
Hartalika Teej is the part of three main Teej festivals of India. These are as follows:
Haryali, Kajari and Hartalika Teej all fall in a series one by one respectively. Married women visit their parent's house at Hariyali Teej, cherish time with them during Kajari Teej and finally they return back to their husband's house on Hartalika Teej, as it is dedicated to husband.
Hartalika Teej festival goes on for 3 days. On the first day, women gather and then sing as well as dance. During the occasion they help each other in getting ready, apply henna to each other's hands. At the end of the day, women exchange gifts with their mother-in-law. All these preparations are made to participate in the Teej festival.
Second day is the most important day amongst all. On this day, women observe a tough fast that excludes even water. In Sanskrit, it is known as Nirjala Vrat, also known as Hartalika Vrat. In the evening, all women worship Goddess Parvati and only have food and water on the third day.
On the third day, women decorate their houses, cook delicious dishes and celebrate the last day of the festival with great fun and frolic.
Hartalika Teej Festival - Time to Adorn Yourself
At the time of Hartalika Teej, women go back to their husbands. Hence, they adorn themselves with beautiful clothes, shimmering jewelry and eye-catchy make-up. On this day, women decorate themselves like a new bride. In Indian tradition, women do 'Solah Shringar' to adorn themselves. Literal meaning of Solah Shringar is the adornment using 16 elements. Some of them are Henna tattoo on hands, Kohl in eyes, Bindi on forehead and Mahawar design on feet. Along with themselves, women also decorate the idols of Maa Parvati in the similar way.
Women of Maharashtra exclusively wear green Sari with golden Bindi on this day. Also, they gift beautifully decorated coconuts to other women.
With this article, you must have got to know that Hartalika Teej is not just about seeking blessings for husband. It is also about strengthening the bond between a couple, family and women. Apart from this, Hartalika Teej gives you another reason to party. Fetch the immense blessings of Goddess Parvati by performing Hartalika Puja in a proper way. May Maa Parvati bless you with all what you desire for. Wish you a very happy Hartalika Teej..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Sun Transit In Leo (17 August): What Will Be The Impact On Your Sign?
- These Signs In Your Horoscope Reveal If You Are Blessed By God Or Not!
- Weekly Horoscope (15-21 August): Horoscope, Festivals, Major Transits Of The Week!
- All Your Work Will Be Done Without Problems, Just Follow These Remedies!
- 15 August ’22: 75 Years of Independence-Predictions With India’s Kundli!
- Kajari Teej 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Legend, Puja Rituals
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 14 August-20 August, 2022
- Strengthen Venus In Your Charts With 17 Unfailing Astrological Remedies!
- Confused About Janmashtami ‘22 Date? Celebrate Janmashtami In These Special Yogas!
- Shravana Purnima Vrat ‘22: Know Muhurat, Rituals, & Other Festivals Celebrated On This Day!
- सूर्य का सिंह राशि में गोचर (17 अगस्त): आपकी राशि पर क्या पड़ेगा प्रभाव?
- कुंडली के इन संकेतों से जानें आप पर भगवान की कृपा है या नहीं।
- इस हफ्ते कौन सी राशियों को मिलेगी ख़ुशियाँ अपार और कौन सी राशियों पर टूटेगा पहाड़?
- बनते-बनते बिगड़ जाते हैं काम, तो जरूर अपनाएं रविवार को ये अचूक उपाय
- 15 अगस्त 2022 – आज़ादी के 75 साल और भारत का स्वतंत्रता दिवस
- कैसे मनायें कजरी तीज का त्योहार? जानें तिथि, मुहूर्त एवं पूजा विधि
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 14 अगस्त से 20 अगस्त, 2022
- यदि आपकी कुंडली में शुक्र है कमज़ोर तो करें ये 17 अचूक उपाय!
- कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी तिथि को लेकर संशय करें दूर-इन अति शुभ योगों में इस वर्ष मनाया जाएगा कृष्ण जन्मोत्सव!
- श्रावण पूर्णिमा पर मनाए जाएंगे कई अन्य त्योहार, जानें महत्व, मुहूर्त एवं अनुष्ठान विधि।