Anant Chaturdashi 2016 Date
Auspicious occasion of Anant Chaturdashi is dedicated to the grand celebration of Ganesh Visarjan or end of Ganesh-utsav in Western regions of India. However, people in North India observe vow and worship Anant (Lord Vishnu). It is believed that worshiping Anant till 14 years makes the devotee abundantly wealthy.
Anant Chaturdashi in 2016 is on 15th of September. Ganesha Utsav or festival of Ganesha ends on the day of Anant Chaturdashi. Anant Chaturdashi comes 10th or 11th day after Ganesh Chaturthi in Hindu Month of Bhadrapada. On the auspicious occasion of Anant Chaturdashi, statue or idol of Lord Ganesha is immersed in river or lake accompanied with singing and dancing of people in a large procession. Immersion of Ganesh Idol on the day of Anant Chaturdashi is regarded as 'Ganesh Visarjan'. Grand celebration of Ganesh-utsav can be seen on the day of Anant Chaturdashi. Ganesha devotees gather in huge crowds and make a loud echo saying 'Ganapati Bappa Morya, Pudachya Varshi Laukar Ya', which means 'O Lord Ganapati, please come early next year'. During Ganesh Utsav, Lord Ganesha is recognized as 'Atithi' (special guest) and is lovingly welcomed by people. During this occasion, devotees pay homage to Lord Ganesha with full of dedication and devotion. And on the 10th or 11th day that means the day of Anant Chaturdashi, beautiful temporarily established idol of Ganesha is taken out from the shrine place and brought out for immersion in river or sea. Apparently, Anant Chaturdashi is the auspicious occasion dedicated to the immersion of Ganesh Statue. People of India from states Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh celebrate the 'Ganesh Visarjan' on this auspicious day.
In Western regions of India 'Ganesh Visarjan' is celebrated. However, in some northern parts of India the auspicious occasion of 'Anant Chaturdashi is dedicated to Anant (Lord Vishnu). During this occasion, devotees observe a vow for the period of 14 years. It is strongly believed that worshiping Lord Vishnu and observing vow during the sacred occasion of Anant Chaturdashi certainly makes the person abundantly wealthy.
Legend associated to Anant Chaturdashi
According to Hindu beliefs, there was a Brahmin named Sumant used to live with his wife Diksha and daughter Sushila. When Diksha was no more, the Brahmin Sumant married another lady named Karkash. She was the step-mother of Shushila and used to harass her a lot. Later, Shushila married to Kaundinya. One day Shushila visited the bank of a river and found a group of ladies observing vows and were worshiping deity Anant. She curiously asked group of ladies about the reason of the custom and rituals. Group of women sitting there told Shushila about reason of observing vows. For observing vow a string is tied on wrist of left hand of ladies and right hand of men. After hearing that fruitful religious tradition, Shushila also started worshipping 'Anant', and observed vow. Gradually, Kaundinya and Shushila became rich. But one day, Kaundinya noticed string in left wrist of Shushila and asked the reason. When Shushila told him behind binding this string he did not believe and took out that string from Shushila's hand. And suddenly he got curse of Lord Vishnu. He became poor and used to survive pathetic condition. Repenting on his Karma, Kaundinya realized that he committed mistake, and went to forest in search of Anant. He asked trees, lakes, mountain, and to all natural surroundings about Lord Anant, but no one gave him positive response. Finally, disappointed Kaundaniya was ready to sacrifice his life, but suddenly Lord Anant appeared in a form of Brahmin in front of him and guided him to observe vow till 14 years for Anant. Following guidance of that Brahmin, Kaundaniya made 14 years of vow and delighted lord Anant. This way he obtained his happiness and wealth which he had lost.
Likewise, any person who worships Lord Vishnu and observes vow till 14 years, certainly obtain health, abundant wealth and immense happiness in life.
Apparently, Anant Chaturdarshi is really an auspicious occasion dedicated for both Lord Ganesha and Lord Vishnu. Immersion of Ganesh idol is performed on this auspicious day and sacred fast, worship of lord Vishnu and observing vow is also done on this sacred occasion.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल