Shravan Month 2017: Importance of Sawan Month or Shravan
Shravan month in 2017 is from 10 July to 7 August. Shravan month is one of the sacred months of year which is dedicated to worship of Lord Shiva. Devotees of Lord Shiva willingly wait for Sawan month, as this month is a great time to delight Lord Shiva. Most religious pilgrims trek to Haridwar bearing Kavan on their shoulders. Pilgrims gather in Har Ki Pauri in Haridwar, take holy bath, collect Ganga Jal and return to their destinations. Shravan month is a great chance for you to worship and please Lord Shiva. Some worship related materials like Bel Patra, Roli, Chawal, Flowers, Ganga jal, Milk, Panchamrit, Janeu, Bhang - Dhatura, and Dry fruits are offered to please Lord Shiva. Bel Patra is the most loved worship material for Lord Shiva. If you truly want to get blessings of Bhagwan Shiva then offer these worship materials to Shivalinga. You can perform pooja either at home or temple of Lord Shiva in month of Shravan or Savan Maas. And all materials related to Pooja will be available in all temples of Lord Shiva during this Shravan. In every morning and evening of Shravan month you can see the grand aarti of Lord Shiva by burning Camphor. Like every year, shravan month in 2017 is also showing big crowd of pilgrimage in Neelkanth, Babadham, Garh Mukteshwar, and in other shrine places of Lord Shiva.
Kavar Mela in Shravan month 2017
The Kanwar Mela in Shravan month 2017 will start from July 10. Kavar mela (fair) is holy gathering of spiritual people at Hari ki Pauri in Haridwar and Gangotri in Uttrakhand. They take holy water of Ganga river and offer this to Shiva temple in Neel Kanth or Garhmukteshwar. Devotee who carries this holy Ganga water to offer in temple of Lord Shiva is admired as Kanwar. Most devotees trek or walk to Haridwar from their homes on bare feet bearing Kavar on shoulders.
Shravan Month: A blessed month to be pious and to delight Lord Shiva
It is true that Shravan month is profoundly dear to Lord Shiva, especially all Monday of this month. Many religious people believe that worshiping Lord Shiva by depth of heart during Sawan month certainly accomplishes all wishes of a person. But having unfathomable faith on Lord Shiva is also necessary. If you only perform pooja just to fulfill your dreams, but you have no faith on presence of Mahadev, you will not achieve anything. Lord Shiva's other name is 'Bhole Bhandari', which means you can easily please Mahadev by just offering simple pooja.
Fasting on Mondays during Shravan month
Fasting on Mondays during Shravan month is considered very auspicious and fruitful. Anyone can keep fast on Mondays. Young or unmarried girls and boys perform pooja and fast of Mondays of shravan month for getting desired life partner. Ladies admire Monday fast of Shravan month for longevity, happiness, and for harmony of their married life. The whole shravan month is very prosperous to get the grace and blessings of Lord Shiva, but admiring Monday fast during sawan month has a special importance.
Rituals for Monday fast of Shravan month
Fasting is heartily done for some intentions and wishes. Some devotees willingly like to delight God, and some people want God to fulfill their wishes. But keeping fast with proper rituals and with whole of heart is also important. For observing fast during Mondays of shravan it is suggested that one should get up early in the morning, take bath and collect all worship materials which are offered to Mahadev. Shrine place at home can be decorated. You can also install idol or picture of Lord Shiva in your pooja ghar. Going shrine places or temples of Mahadev and offering abhishek of water and milk to Shiva Linga is very propitious. Hearing or telling story related to Monday fast is another important part for fasting on Mondays. In evening, after again worshiping Lord Shiva, sweet food made of milk like kheer, fruits and other blessed food can be taken.
May this Shravan month bring happiness in your life!. Have a blessed Shravan month..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल