Pavitra Ekadashi 2015 - Putrada Ekadashi in 2015
Pavitra Ekadashi 2015 is a very important festival of Indians. It is celebrated in different parts of the country but with varied names. Putrada Ekadashi is one such name for this. People in a great number realize the importance of this festival where they observe a fast and believe that they will be blessed with a child. Read this article to find out what Pavitra Ekadashi is ?, what is the story attached to this festival and much more….
Pavitra Ekadashi 2015 date is 26 August 2015. It is celebrated during the moon's waxing phase in the month of Shravan or Sawan. Pavitra Ekadashi Fast truly blesses the individual with a good son and daughter. This vrata blesses people and the upcoming generations with everlasting fame. Pavitropana Ekadashi is an another name for Pavitra Ekadashi. In some states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat, Andhra pradesh. of all the 24 Ekadashi Vrata, this Vrata is known as the most auspicious one. As this is concerned with children engendering. This vrata is also very much important for the couples who are childless. The people believe that by observing Putrada Ekadashi Fast, God will bless them with Children. This fast is also known to be auspicious for other devotees also as it helps them getting rid of the sins which they think they might have committed unknowingly in the past.
Legend Behind Pavitra Ekadashi or Putrada Ekadashi
It is said that Lord Krishna in Bhavishyottara Purana stated the importance of the this Ekadashi to Yuddhisthra. He narrated a story to Yudhisthira that once upon a time there was a King named Mahijit who was a victorious, vibrant and a successful King. But it was his ill fortune that he had no son. He performed so many rituals and poojas such as good deeds, charities and also did many sacrifices and yagnas. But no result came out of this. Then he continued to search Sage Lomash.
There was one Sage Lomash who was born from Lord Brahma's hair. When Mahijit discovered Sage Lomash , he told him about his sins committed in his previous birth. This is the reason why he is issueless in his current birth. He told him that he was a merchant in his previous birth. One day when he was gone to sell the goods, he felt thirsty. He saw that a cow and her calf was drinking the water from the lake. He pushed away the cow and her calf from there and started drinking the water himself. In this way, he committed the sin driving the cow and her new born calf away from the water which they were drinking. This is the reason why he was childless in his current birth.
To repent , Sage Lomash asked King Mahajit to observe Pavitra Ekadashi Fast. Then, the King along with his wife observed this fast and within a due course of time a handsome and healthy son was born to them. Later, his son became a very successful and victorious ruler. Hence this story explains the significance and the benefits of this Ekadashi Vrata in a right way.
On this auspicious day, people worship God Narayana, After taking bath in the morning and wearing clean clothes, they pray Shri Hari. As a part of the rituals first , Lord Narayana is worshipped by the people. After that, people offer clove, amla and other things to God Narayana according to their capability.
Observing fast for the whole day, people like to eat fruits only after hearing Katha. There is an importance of giving the lamp on this day. On this day, one should pray Lord Vishnu. One should also donate food to the Brahmins and take their blessings.
We hope to see people practicing these rituals in Pavitra Ekadashi 2015. We wish you all a HAPPY PAVITRA EKADASHI 2015 !
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल