Karwa Chauth 2017 Date & Moon Rise Timings
Karwa Chauth Vrat is a very special annual occasion of fast for married women and a day of elation for them. For long life and well being of husbands, wives passionately observe this auspicious strict fast and abstain from food and water for the whole day. Know here on customs, rituals, and Karwa chauth vrat katha.
|Place||Time of Moon Rise|
Mesmerizing occasion for women, Karwa Chauth in 2017 will be celebrated on 8th October. Karwa Chauth falls on the fourth day of Krishna Paksha in Hindu month of Kartik and 9 days before Diwali. 'Karwa' means clay pot, and 'chauth' means fourth day. During this wonderful day, women observe strict fast for the whole day without having water and meals. In evening, they recite Karwa Chauth katha (Maa Karwa Story) and completes fast after looking at moon in night. Karwa Chauth is truly a very beautiful and pious day for married women, which ensures long life and safety of their husbands. The rituals and customs are offered to Lord Ganesha and deity Karwa. On the auspicious day of Karwa Chauth, married women beautifully decorate themselves like a new bride. They wear new saree in red, orange, and gold color. Karwa Chauth vrat is originally related to Punjabi culture, but rapidly this occasion became propitious for almost all regions in India. Women begin preparation of Karwa Chauth a few days in advance by purchasing new saree, bangles, and ornaments as well as other cosmetics. They also purchase puja items like karwa, rangoli colors, Karwa lamp, Henna and many more. Devotee women decorate all these items on a wooden platform at their shrine place. Some women arrange get-together in night and organize karwa chauth function accompanied with singing and dancing. All married women receive Karwa Chauth Shagun before the day of Karwa chauth by their mother-in-law.
Customs and Rituals in Karwa Chauth (Puja vidhi of Karwa chauth)
On Karwa Chauth day, ladies wake up early in the morning and take bath after their daily routine. A small wooden platform is established at north–east corner of home and is wrapped with red piece of cloth. Image of Karwa chauth and idols of Lord Ganesha and Shiv-Parvati are established on wooden platform. Karwa chauth calendar can also be purchased from market. Pooja thali is prepared keeping roli, kumkum, chandan, raw rice, diya (lamp), flowers, and dhoop batti. One Karwa (clay pot) is filled with water and kept near image of Karva mata on the wooden platform. Some women also fill karwa with wheat. Mouth of the karwa is covered with a small clay plate and kept sugar with coin of a rupee on it. 4 chini karwa (sugar pots) are kept at another corner of wooden platform. Chini karwa are sent by in-laws of married women. Cosmetics, Sari or money is also kept near wooden place for giving it to their mother-in-law after the completion of fast. Beautiful colorful rangoli is also crafted surrounding the wooden platform. First pooja (worship) is offered to Lord Ganesha and oath of fasting is taken. In evening before sunset, Karwa chauth vrat or story is recited. All purchased pooja items are offered to Lord Ganesha and Goddess Karwa. Women complete their fast in night after looking at moon through chhalani (sieve or colander). Water offering to moon is performed. Earthen lamp and flowers are also offered after offering water to moon. After performing all rituals and customs in Karwa chauth, Hindu women worship their husbands also, and they drink water from hands of their husbands to finish the strict fast of the day.
Karwa Chauth Vrat Katha
Many times ago a merchant had seven sons and one daughter. His daughter was married and visited her maternal home for celebrating karva chauth with her mother and sister-in-laws. When her brothers were having meals at night, they asked their sister to also join the dinner. But sister replied "brother, moon is yet not visible, so I'll have my dinner after looking at moon". Brothers were worried about the health of their sister. Thus, after hearing response of sister, brothers went out in colony, ignited fire, and fixed a round sieve (colander) in front of the light of that fire. They made an illusion that the light coming out from sieve is light of moon. Sister couldn't understand deceive of brothers and offered water to illusion of moon thinking it was the real moon. However, her sister–in-laws knew that false of their husbands and also told about this cheat to their sister, but she ignored and proceeded further for completion of Karwa chauth vrat and ate meals without looking at the real moon in sky. This of her deed made Lord Ganesha and Goddess Karwa completely unhappy. And due to her false, her husband soon met to death. She realized and repented for her mistake and prayed Lord Ganesha to forgive her. In return, she was asked to observe Karwa chauth vrat carefully next year which was the only way to find her husband alive. Likewise, married women observe Karva chauth fast every year with depth of their heart and with complete devotion for long life, prosperity and goodwill of their husband.
Unmarried girls observe this fast for the desired husbands or for the fiancé. May Karva chauth bring immense elation in your life!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल