Nag Panchami in 2017
Nag Panchami 2017 date is 27th July. Legend has it that on Nag Panchami Krishna overpowered the deadly snake Kalia and performed the famous Kaliyamardhanam. Naag Panchami is celebrated on Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha in Shravan Maas. Indian Astrology believes that snake is the God of every month's fifth date. However the Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha in Shravan Month is the most auspicious for worshipping the snake God .On this day, a resolution is taken, of saving snakes. Shravan Shukla Paksha's fifth date is celebrated every year as Naag Panchami with full faith.
One can trace the custom of snake-worship to the "Naga" clan, a highly developed tribe who lived in ancient India. One of the oldest Indus Valley civilisation of 3000 B.C. gives evidence of snake-worship amongst the Nagas, a culture wide-spread in India way before the Aryans came. Later, the Indo-Aryans began to worship many of the snake deities of the Nagas and some of them even found mention in the Hindu Puranas, Vedas and Hindu legends. According to Hindu mythology two of the most Popular Hindu Gods, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva, are closely associated with serpents. While Lord Vishnu rests on the several hooded Snake Ananta as his bed, Lord Shiva wears a snake around his neck as an ornament. One may also remember that for churning the milky ocean and getting the divine nectar of immortality the Snake Vasuki was used as a rope. On the day of Nag Panchami, devotees and visit snake temples and snake pits and offer prayers to the snakes. Shiva temples are also crowded during this festival. In many places live cobras or their pictures or idols are worshiped and religious rites are performed to please them by offering them milk, turmeric, saffron, rice etc.
On Nag Panchami day, people in almost all parts of India visit the Shiva Temples and offer prayer to the snake God an ornament of Lord Shiva. Some worship the snake idols which are found in almost every village and some offer prayer near anthills. Many in Maharashtra are known to feed milk to poisonous snakes .This comes from the belief that by doing this poisonous snakes will never bite. In eastern India, Mansa, the queen of serpents, is worshipped. Her blessings are sought for a better future.
Snakes are considered as the incarnation of power and sun. Nag Panchami is a form of nature worship There is a long list of beliefs associated with Nag Panchami . On the day of Naag Panchami, having a vision of snake is considered auspicious. It is generally believed that one should avoid digging the earth in Shravan Maas. Particularly on Naag Panchami, ploughing of field, digging of foundation is considered inauspicious. The reason behind this belief could be that the habitat of snake is considered to be beneath the earth. Digging of land can hurt snakes.
This day holds special significance for those people whose Kundali shows KaalSarp Dosha Such natives should keep a fast on Nag Panchami and offer prayers to the snake god to pacify KaalSarp Dosha. Many devotees fast from sunrise to sunset and after sunset eat food without salt or frying. In many parts of South India, Women decorate the doorsteps with Snake Kolams on this day. Paintings of Naag are also drawn on either side of the entrance of the home and worshiped.
There are several different ways of celebrating Nag Panchami that differ from region to region. Like at some place kite lying competitions are held whereas some places organize wrestling competition. It doesn't matter that in which the festival of Nag Panchami is being celebrated, The ultimate aim is to worship the Almighty and enjoy the day.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल