Basant Panchami 2016 - Vasant Panchami 2016
Basant Panchami 2016 Date
Basant Panchami 2016 date is, 12th February 2016. Basant Panchami is also known as Vasant Panchami 2016.The occasion is a celebration of nature's most beautiful month - spring specially in Northern India. While the beauty of nature is breath taking , the occasion holds great astrological significance.
Vasantis a Hindi word for spring and Panchamimeans the fifth day. Basant Panchami is thus celebrated on fifth day of Magh Masa, Shukla Paksha. Indian tradition and culture has always payed homage to the gifts of nature and Basant Panchamiis one amongst many such occasions. Spring is a season synonymous with colour, prosperity and blossom in most parts of India.Many call it the king of all seasons in a year. Like every year, this Basant Panchami in 2012marks the end of Amavasi in Magh month. Once again it's going to be a time for birds to sing, as the splendid silent sun will be in full dazzle after the freezing chill of winter.
The festival ofVasant Panchami is celebrated primarily in Northern India. Come Vasant Panchami 2016, the mustard fields of North India will look like a yellow carpet of mustard flowers. This explains the significance given to the colour yellow during Basant Panchami. So you will notice that on Vasant Panchami(also known as Basant Panchami in Hindi)deities in temples and houses will be decorated with yellow colour cloth.Similarly, yellow colored food, sweets and fruits are distributed to friends, neighbors and relatives. Yellow sweet rice is cooked and distributed on the day.
Vasant Panchami & Saraswati Puja
Basant Panchami is considered to be the birthday of the goddess of learning - Saraswati.This is a very important occasion for students, educational institutes and people involved in any kind of creative endeavor. On the occasion of Vasant Panchami 2016 (Basant Panchami in Hindi),the idol of Ma Saraswati will be worshipped, with seasonal fruits and mantras chanted asking blessings from the goddess of Education, Knowledge and Learning. On this day young girls are offered meals of yellow - sweet rice. Yellow colored clothes and ornaments are given to unmarried girls and poor. Belief has it that doing this will enhance knowledge, art, peace and happiness in family. Like every year, Basant Panchami 2016 is an auspicious occasion for Pitr Tarpan, for starting anything new like marriage, construction of house, beginning of a factory, inauguration of an educational institute etc.
Basant Panchami Rituals
On the day of Vasant Panchami,people indulge in kite flying for amusement. The skies painted in vibrant colours with innumerable kites dotting the sky all throughout the day.
On the day of Vasant Pancahmi, people prefer eating sweet food. Saffron, dry fruits and sugar is mixed in rice and cooked. Sweet rice like Pulav, Ladoos, Bundi ,Kheer and Malpuas are offered as prasand and distributed to near dear ones.
One can actually experience the festive spirit of Basant Panchami 2012by being a part of the Melas organized in various parts of India at that time.Namely, Magh Mela,Sangrur's Fair of Gudri Shiva Temple, Tilak Utsav celebrated in Baidyanath and celebrations at the temple of Sage Durvasa in Mathura - where Basant Panchami is celebrated in full swing.
Poems on Basant Panchami
Nature has always inspired creative minds and so we have innumerable poems on spring season or poems on Basant Panchami.A season where natures at its best, poems on Basant Panchami paint word pictures about capturing the mesmerizing beauty of this season, this occasion. Let's have a look at some poems of Basant Panchami that glorifies the occasion.
Poem on Basant Panchami 1
Poem on Basant Panchami 2
AstroSage wishes all the visitors a VERY Happy Basant Panchami 2016.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल