Guru Nanak Jayanti in 2012
Gurunanak Jayanti is the biggest festival of Sikhs. It is celebrated to commemorate the birthday of first Sikh Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak Jayanti is a big festival and celebrated unbiasedly amongst the people belonging to different religion or places. Gurunanak Jayanti 2012 will give you an insight of this beautiful festival. Read more to explore the glory of Guru Nanak as well as Gurunanak Jayanti.
Significance of Guru (mentor) has always been high in India since ancient days. Sikhs follow this ritual with full devotion. The first Guru in the chain of 10 Sikh Gurus is 'Gurunanak Dev'. Being the first Guru, he established the Sikh religion. Sikh people celebrate his birthday like a festival every year. And, they have named this festival 'Guru Nanak Jayanti'. This year, festival of Guru Nanak Jayanti is falling on 28 November 2012. Not only Sikhs, this festival is celebrated with great zeal and gusto amongst the people of other religions too. Many auspicious occasions are arranged at Gurdwaras on this day.
As per belief, Guru Nanak Dev was born in the month of Kartik, on the day of Purnima, in the year 1469 at Talwandi, Royebhoye. Kalyan Chand (Mehta Kalu), his father was a farmer. His mother's name was Tripta. Talwandi is now known as Nankana on the name of Nanak, and it is in Pakistan now. Since childhood, he was sharp minded. An incomparable radiance used to be seen on his face since the beginning. It is believed that he got married in the age of 16. After that, he got two sons named Shrichand and Lakshmichand. In 1507, he left all the responsibilities of his family over his father-in-law and started his journey. Till 1521, he travelled across the major cities of India, Afghanistan, Faras and Arab. It is said that he travelled to all four directions. While travelling through almost whole world, he faced some really interesting incidents. In 1539, he rested in peace. It is said that India got its name 'Hindustan' from Nanak Dev only. In approximately 1526, after Babar attacked India, Guru Nanak used the word 'Hindustan' in his speech.
In honor of Guru Nanak Jayanti, the believers of Sikh religion celebrate light festival (Prakash Parv). Prakash Parv signifies the eradication of darkness inside people and lighting up the belief in God. Additionally, removing the dark rituals of society and discrimination. Guru Nanak devoted all his life to remove the social malaise and giving a right direction to the society. He was born at such time when Mughals were attacking India. There was an environment of torture and violence everywhere. At that moment, Guru Nanak taught everyone to maintain peace as well as harmony. Nanak Dev demolished the casteism and taught everyone to treat humans equally.
On the occasion of Prakash Parv, all Gurdwaras arrange for the continuous recital of their holy book 'Guru Granth Sahib'. A holy event is arranged in town by walking with the beautifully decorated sedan carrying the pious Guru Granth Sahib. Panj Pyare moves for the sedan. Attractive costume of Panj Pyare becomes the center of attraction for all. Believers of Granth Sahib broom the road fore to the sedan during walk ceremony. Children and youths show different types of acts during the ceremony. Such activities take the viewers in awe. On this day, in almost all Gurudwaras, Langars are arranged. There is no discrimination in Langar, people from all religions, castes or creeds get food equally. Hence, we can say that a new way of salvation begins from Guru Nanak Dev. Such an adorable and easy way it is, that takes you smoothly toward salvation or God.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल