Pitru Paksha in 2017
Shradh Pooja during Pitru Paksha is very significant for Hindus. Performing proper customs, rituals and offering food bestow complete peace to soul of dead ancestors and forefathers. Read here why near dear relatives pay homage to their Pitra during Pitru Paksha. Know here why shradh pooja is very important during Pitru Paksha of Bhadrapad-Ashwin month.
Pitru Paksha in 2017 is from September 5 to September 19. It is the sixteenth lunar day period which is dedicated to our ancestors and forefathers. Pitru Paksh begins on poornima (full moon day) of Bhadrapada (September) and ends on Amavasya (no moon day) of Ashwani month in Shukla Paksha (waxing moon period). During this period people pay homage to their pitru (ancestors), as Pitru Paksha is 'fortnight of ancestors'. And offering food and performing rituals for dead ancestors is also known as Shradh Pooja. They perform pooja and rituals for the departed souls of dead forefathers or ancestors. Pitru paksha is performed by children or relatives for their dead ancestors and forefathers. For other religious purpose, this period is considered inauspicious. It means Hindu people do not initiate or start any important work during period of Pitri Paksh. Beginning day of the Pitru Paksha is considered as 'Purnima Shradh'. On this day, Mahalvya pitru Paksha begins. And last day of Pitru Paksh is considered as Amavasi Shradh. Mahalvya Pitru Paksh ends on this day. However, Hindu people can perform rituals for Shradh in all Amavasya or no moon days. But Pitru Paksha of Bhadrapad-Ashwin month which lasts for 16 days is considered the most important period for performing Shradh. Tarpanam, Shradham, Pitri Paksha, Sola Shraddha, are various names used for Pitru Paksh. The customs and rituals attached to Pitru Paksha Shraddh vary from region to region. Many close relatives also observe fast on the shradh day for peace of soul of their dead ancestors. Most people avoid non-vegetarian food during the occasion of Pitru Paksh. While some people do not cut their hair or shave relatives perform customs and rituals under the guidance of a learned person or priest. After shradh pooja food is offered to dead forefathers.
Why relatives perform shradh pooja for their ancestors during Pitru Paksh?
It is strongly believed by Hindu mythologists that performing puja or rituals during Pitru Paksha certainly and immediately pleases dead ancestors. In some holy Hindu Scriptures, importance of shradh pooja during Pitru Paksha has also been mentioned, especially in words of Lord Yama-the Lord of death. During Pitru Paksha, close relatives heartily perform shradh pooja and pay homage to their dead forefathers to bring peace to their soul.
Significance of Shradh Pooja during Pitra Paksh
Offering Shradh Pooja to dead ancestors and forefathers is very important. It is believed that only shradh Pooja can provide peace to soul of dead ancestors. The dead person who did not receive shradh pooja after his death wonders on the earth aimlessly and his or her soul often scare people. Therefore, shradh pooja ensures close relatives that the soul of dead ancestors will not wonder on the earth aimlessly. Shradh Pooja during Pitra Paksh also benefits all dead forefathers or ancestors.
Shradh pooja cleans all sinful acts committed by their dead ancestors when they were alive. This way shradh Pooja makes soul of dead ancestors pious.
Relatives should perform Shradh pooja with pious heart and mind. It gives proper result in shradh pooja of their dead ancestors. Shradh pooja holds a very important place for Hindu people. And many consider this obligatory. Hindu people believe that after death it is earnestly important to have peace of soul. And therefore, Shradh Pooja is religiously performed in temples, shrines and places near the banks of holy rivers.
May this Pitra Paksh bestow abundant peace to the soul of your dead ancestors!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल