Mangala Gowri Vratham - Mangla Gowri Puja
For long and happy married life, Mangala Gowri Vratham on every Tuesday in the month of Shravan (July-August) is observed every year. The blessed and auspicious Mangala Gowri Vratham is dedicated to Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, and Navgrah. Read the Mangala Gowri Vratham vidhi (rituals), and Mangala Gowri Vratham Katha (Sacred tale) associated to this propitious day.
Mangala Gowri Vratham in 2013 is on 23rd and 30th July, and on 6th, 13th and 20th August in North India. Mangala Gowri Vratam 2013 dates are 13th, 20th and 27th August, and 3rd September in South India. Mangala Gowri Vratham is observed every Tuesday in the Hindu month of Shravan (July-August). Mangala Gowri Vratham is dedicated to Goddess Gauri (Parvati)- the wife of Lord Shiva. The auspicious Mangala Gowri Vratham is observed by only women. As this sacred fast falls on Mangalvar (Tuesday) it is admired as Mangala Gowri Vratham. Every year in the month of Shravan, religious women heartily observe Mangala Gowri Vratham. Shravan month is very dear to Lord Shiva and every Monday devotees worship and observe fast to dedicate to Mahadev. Likewise, every Tuesday in this month is deeply dedicated to Goddess Parvati. Women observe Mangala Gowri Vratham for longevity and success of their married life. Therefore, this Vrat is especially observed by married women. Great rituals and stories attached to this auspicious fast. Generally, Mangala Gowri fast is done for 4 or 5 Tuesdays in the month of Shravan. But some women observe this vrat for 16 or 20 Tuesdays. It is believed that this vrat is very prosperous if a newly married woman does it. Result of Mangala Gowri Vratham offers you immense blessings of Goddess Parvati. It will bring good fortune for husband, children, and family, will help you achieve a long and blessed conjugal life. On this day, Puja of Gauri i.e. goddess Parvati is performed and songs are sung.
Mangala Gowri Vratham Vidhi (Rituals and procedures in Mangala Gowri fast)
Devotee women wake up early in the morning on Tuesday. After bath or purification, they establish a chouki (small wooden platform) and wrap it with a white and a red piece of cloth. Decorate small stack of raw rice at nine places around white piece of cloth considering these names of Navgrah (Nine planets). Keep small stack of wheat at 16 places around red piece of cloth considering these faces of Goddess Parvati. At corner of chouki keep raw rice and flower, and then establish small idol of Lord Ganesha on it. At other corner of Chouki, keep Kalash filled with water and mango leaves. Establish idol or picture of Goddess Parvati at centre of chouki. Keep a lamp consisting of 16 thick cotton wicks made of wheat flour (atta). This lamp is lit with ghee. First worship Lord Ganesha offering him Pan, Supari, Janeu, ilaychi, Modak, and blessed food. And then worship the Kalash in the same way as worshiped Lord Ganesha. But do not offer Bel Patra and Sindur to Kalash. Worship Navgrah of raw rice. After worshipping Lord Ganesha, Kalash, and Navgrah, Goddess Parvati is worshipped. Offer Panchamrit, new cloths, kajal, bangles, sindur, and ornaments to Goddess Parvati.
Worship Goddess Parvati with Shodoroshopochar (16 types) rituals.
Offer 16 different types of flowers, 16 types of leaves, 16 long, 16 ilaychi, 16 laddus of wheat flour, 16 fruits, seven types of cereals 16 times, five types of dry fruits 16 times, 16 jeera, 16 dhania, Kajal, Sindur, Oil, 16 bangles, comb, roli, mehandi, a coin of 1 rupee and two vedi to ma Parvati. Offer these items to Goddess Parvati and then listen or read Vrat Katha (story).
Mangala Gowri Vratham Katha (Sacred Tale of Mangala Gowri Fast)
Mangala Gowri Vratham Katha goes in this way:- It is believed that in ancient times, a merchant named Dharampal lived in a place with his wife. He had not any kind of shortage of wealth in his life except children. He and his wife were desperately waiting for a child and with the blessing of God, they had a baby boy. But their son was cursed of the short life. He was gifted 16 years of life only. Before he achieved the age of sixteen, he got married with a beautiful girl whose mother observed the Mangala Gowri fast and was blessed that her daughter would never face widowhood. And this Grace of Goddess Parvati made that girl's husband ( Dharampal's sonn) free from his curse. And this way, he achieved the long happy married life. Likewise, any person, especially married woman, who observes Mangala Gowri fast certainly achieves the long happy married life with full of happiness and prosperity.
After completing the Mangala Gowri vratham katha, 16 laddoos are offered to mother-in-law and sister-in-law. The blessed food is distributed to Brahmins, other devotees, and to near dear people.
Arti, bhajan or song of Goddess Parvati are sung after hearing the Vrat Katha to delight Goddess Parvati.
Observe Mangal Gauri fast to bring mammoth happiness, long happy married life, and abundant prosperity at home. Jai Mangala Gowri Devi!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल