Varalakshmi Vratham in 2017
Varalakshmi Vratham 2017 date is 4 August. It is an auspicious day in India. Varalakshmi Vratham helps you achieve enormous grace of Goddess Laksmi - the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. On every second Friday of Shukla Paksha of Shravan month, the Varalakshmi Vratham is observed. This Varalakshmi Vratham is fortunate time for you to please Goddess Varalaksmi. Let's read the importance, the rituals and legend attached to this auspicious day.
Varalakshmi Vratham is sacred occasion dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi - the consort of Lord Vishnu. Varalakshmi Vratham is one the popular pious fasting days for South Indian and Maharashtrian people. All people can perform pooja on this auspicious day, but mostly married women observe Varalakshmi Vratham. Varalakshmi Vratham means Vrat (fast) dedicated to Goddess Varalaksmi. Like every year Varalakshmi will also fall on second Friday in shukla paksha (waxing moon period) of the Hindu month of Shravan (July-August). Varalakshmi Vratham is an important fasting day that is done to delight Hindu Goddess Laksmi - the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. So women in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu vivaciously observe fast and religiously perform pooja to please Goddess Varalakshmi on this momentous day. Varalakshmi is one who offers boons called varam. Observing fast on this day certainly bestows profits in life, especially related to financial matter. It means, with grace of Varalakshmi no person is deprived of money or poor in this world. The person, in fact, enjoys life of a millionaire. Varalakshmi Vratham brings a promising opportunity for you to please this Goddess of money.
Rituals attached to Varalaksmi Vratham
Varalakshmi Vratham is observed to get blessings of Goddess Lakshmi. Varalakshmi Vratham Pooja, when done properly, can bring health, wealth and prosperity. So if people heartily worship Varalakshmi on this auspicious day, they certainly hear good news in their home. In India, the innumerable fast and festivals are cheerfully celebrated. Likewise, Varalakshmi Vratham is an auspicious fasting day for South-Indian woman. Religious women perform puja on this fortunate day for well being, long life, and for abundant wealth in home. This is the major reason, that most South-Indian families are rich and enjoying fair status in society.
Now the point is, how South-Indian women perform puja and observe fast to delight to Varalakshmi.
All pooja (worship) and fast related materials are collected in Thursday evening or one day before Varalakshmi Vratham.
Religious people get up early in the morning on this auspicious day and take bath. Brahmins decide which time is auspicious for worship of Varalakshmi. And once they announce about it, it is followed by the people. Ladies clean their homes and wonderfully draw colourful Rangolis called Kolam in South-Indian language. After decoration of home, they arrange or prepare Kalash of silver or bronze pot. They first clean the pot or Kalasham and then draw swastika symbol on this pot. They either fill water or raw rise in this Kalasham along with putting five different types of leaves, coins, and betel nut in this pot. However, rituals are different from region to region. Some women also fill this kalasham with comb, mirror, turmeric, comb, black beads, and black bangles. This kalasham is then covered with cloth and mango leaves. Coconut is kept at the mouth of this pot. An image of Goddess Lakshmi is established or fixed with this coconut of kalash. Some women also love to draw image of Lakshmi using wet turmeric. This decorated kalash symbolises presence of Goddess Varalaksmi. This kalash is placed on the bed of raw rice in a neat shrine place of home.
In a good muhurat or auspicious time announced by Brahmin, women begin pooja and vrat. The woman, who observes this fast, invites her neighbours and near dear ladies to take part in this ceremony. In both beginning and in end of vrat, aarti is offered to Goddess Lakshmi.
Sweets and blessed food are prepared by ladies and offered to this Goddess. After completion of Vrat, blessed food is distributed by women to their relatives and neighbours.
Story attached to Varalaksmi Vratham
Varalakshmi Vratham is profoundly attached to a lady in ancient time with name Charumati. It is believed that Charumati was a great devotee of Goddess Lakshmi. She was also very much dedicated for her family-her husband and children. One day Goddess Varalaksmi came in her dream and directed her to perform the Varalaksmi Vratham religiously. Following guidelines of Goddess Laksmi, Charumati cheerfully invited all her neighbours and near dear people to take part in her Varalaksmi Vratham and pooja. With immense devotion she observed fast, performed pooja and delighted Goddess Varalaksmi. Observing her pious efforts and great devotion, Goddess Laksmi blessed not only her but also all present people over there. Charumati and all present people were offered abundant wealth, and long-life prosperity by Varalaksmi Goddess.
Likewise, anyone who religiously observe fast on this day certainly get grace of Varalaksmi Goddess.
May this Varalaksmi Vratham bestow you fine health, abundant wealth, and long-life prosperity! May Goddess Laksmi give her grace to you in this Varalaksmi Vratham..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल