Sharad Navratri 2013 : Rituals & Traditions
Shardiya Navratra is the occasion of worshipping the nine incarnations of Aadishakti Maa Durga. Navratri festival has spiritual, religious and social significance. Navratri is also celebrated with different names in various regions of the country, such as Durga Puja, Kullu Dusshera, Mysore Dussehra, Bommai Kolu, Ayudha Puja, Vidyarambh, Saraswati Puja and Simmolanghan, to name a few. As per Hindu calendar, Shardiya Navratri is celebrated in the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin Masa. This Shukla Paksha is the one that stays from Pratipada to Navami of Shukla Paksha. The words from Maa Jagdamba (as per Markandeya-puran, in Devi Mahatmya) on Navratri are –
Sharatkaaley Mahapuja Kriyateya Chavarshiki|
That means, when my annual mahapuja takes place during the Sharad Ritu Navratra, if a person hears my Mahatmaya (Durga-saptshati) with adherence, he receives my sacrament to get unbounded from all the blockages and get blessed with wealth and son.
In 2013, the holy beginning of this festival of Navratri is from 16th of October, as per Gregorian calendar. This festival will go on till the 23rd of October 2013. Therefore, Navratri is of eight days this time. It is happening due to the waning of Tithi (day). So, this time it is eight days instead of nine due to the decrement in fourth day (Chaturthi).
When To Place ‘Kalash’ At Home?
Chitra Nakshatra as well as Vaidhriti Yoga is prohibited for Kalash Sthapana in Navratri. This Navratra is initiating from Chitra Nakshatra, which is not considered auspicious for Kalash Sthapana. Time span of Chitra Nakshatra may differ from place to place. As per Panchang, Chitra Nakshatra is considered till 6:44 am. Thus, Kalash Sthapana is auspicious after that. Therefore, it will be good to invocate Goddess after the passage of this constellation. The best time for Kalash Sthapana ceremony is from 10:56 am to 12:22 pm. During this time, Abhijeet Muhoorta will commence from 11:35 am to 12:22 pm, which is considered best for Kalash Sthapana ceremony. After this, time is good till 13:51 pm for Kalash Sthapana. Recitation of Durga Saptshati should be initiated after this time period only. Kanya Poojan will be celebrated on 22nd October, whereas completion of this Navratri is on 23rd October.
How To Do Pooja?
Process of Puja during Navratri has various types of enactment. At this occasion, various other holy programs are concerted, such as Akhand Ramayan, Shri Shatchandi Puja Anushthan, Nitya Bhajan – Kirtan, Mata Rani Ka Vishesh Shringar, Shri Sunderkaand Paath, Shri Hanumaan Chalisa Paath and many more. Devotees fast for all nine days and recite Durga Saptshati. It is said in Shastras that Devi enchants if one hears or recites Durga Saptshati. However, it is only effective if recited in Sanskrit. It is said that devotee should believe Shri Durga Saptshati as it is another form of Bhagwati Durga. If one is unable to recite in proper Sanskrit then he may recite Saptshloki Durga for welfare. These seven sholkas have summarized the Durga Saptshati. If it is also not possible then the devotee can chant Narvana Mantra as much as possible. On the first day of Navratri, pledge is taken for keeping fast and performing puja. According to the savants, if one cannot fast for all nine nights, he can keep it for seven nights, five nights, two nights or one night for fetching the blessings. During this fast, it is recommended to eat once in a day and follow discipline as well as abstinence in lifestyle. Worshipping Navdurga during Navratra also diminishes the ill effects of nine planets.
A deep is lightened and Maa Stuti as well as fast is kept during Navratri. During Navratras these nine forms of devi are worshipped – Shailputri, Brahmcharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri. Navratri days are divided into three parts. First three days are meant for winning Tamas, next three days are for Rajas and last three days are meant for winning Satva. At the last day of Navratra, young girls are fed food and offered adequate donation to end up the fast.
Result Of This Navratri
Lion is considered as the vehicle of Devi Durga, but it is believed that Devi comes on an invisible vehicle every time. It has a special effect. As per that belief, this time Devi is riding a horse. This will result in wars and riots in country as well as society. After that, with the blessings of Devi population will cherish the good times and terrorists will be demolished. This is symbolizing welfare for republic and misfortune for evil rule. This situation indicates the removal of evil administration as well as administrative people.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल